• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread for Weekly Competition 19 to 25 Dec – Your Own Style

Started by michaelb104, December 18, 2011, 11:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

CHAT THREAD

I am assuming that we are all going to be busy this week with last minute shopping, wrapping, eating, drinking and the most important bit, seeing family and friends.  So I didn't want to make this too time consuming or difficult.

This week go out and shoot something that typifies a style  e.g portrait, landscape, macro, abstract, B&W etc etc etc.  It can be your favourite style, it can something you have not tried before, just have fun.

No PP restrictions.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 19th December 2011 to 23:59 Sunday  25th December 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 26th December 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 27th December 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 31st December 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

I'm up for anything, photography wise, so I'll certainly give it a go.

Just wrapped all the presents, the cards have been sent, hubby does Christmas dinner, so no worries there on my part. And Daughter doesn't come home till Christmas eve, so no excuse whatsoever to do nothing!

And while I'm at it:

A Merry Christmas to all of you!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

picsfor

So, in essence, this should have quite a good submission rate, cos we nearly all carry a camera round with us at some point in the week.
I might even try and get a picture of a train after a few months of not driving them!

Reinardina

Quote from: picsfor on December 18, 2011, 08:19:40 PM
So, in essence, this should have quite a good submission rate, cos we nearly all carry a camera round with us at some point in the week.
I might even try and get a picture of a train after a few months of not driving them!

In essence yes, but, despite my enthusiasm, I haven't taken a single shot this week!!!!

Will go out this morning to air my camera, but the forecast is not that overwhelmingly good.

Will get something though, whatever it takes!

Colin

Sorry I may be being a bit thick here BUT I have read through the 3 pages on the IOTW thread and read this one and am still in the dark. :(

Can we have a simple what are we supposed to be doing this week comment please? I thought it was whatever we liked taken this week and now it seems to have changed.

michaelb104

Post your 'do whatever you like' shots in this weeks comp

You'd best get out with your camera quick!!
Mike

picsfor

you're getting confused with the various threads and comps running with IOTW.
I'm going a bit mad as well - and i'm well known as a tea totaller  :beer:

Now going out for last time this week to get my pic for this weeks comp...
When i come back, i'll close one of the comps down  :tup:

Oh, and by the way - it is a pic of anything you want, even your little tie if that takes your fancy, or some of that stuff we only get at Christmas in the UK - SUN  :D :2funny:

Reinardina

Sorry if I confused people in my enthusiasm, when trying to get people involved in the voting for the end of year, image of the week!

I did not forget this week's competition, but must admit, it was harder then I expected. The weather didn't play ball for starters, so I was forced to go out in the rain yesterday. Ended up in the part of Southampton where there are still some remnants from medieval times, in the hope to photograph a window in one of the churches. Didn't work out, as the church was locked by the time I arrived.
Ended up taking shots of medieval walls, all grey and grey and grey. Beautiful textures, but I wanted a bit of colour at this time of year.

So, I decided a shot of harassed shoppers, hunting for that last minute bargain had to be my contribution to this week's competition.

I'm in with this 'True British Christmas.'

michaelb104

Well I'm in with this quickie abstract

Reinardina I didn't realise that there were such old bits of Southampton.  The only bits I've seen were not that interesting when driving in from Gosport but I don't get any further than West Quay, if I get time I really must explore further.
Mike

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.