• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

The Critique Thread

Started by Alfonso_Frisk, February 05, 2008, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

soltek

thanks for your comments Alan :tup:.
I think the rules are that once you comment on a photo, you have to also contribute by sending in your own photo, to keep the thread running :D Not sure though :o..

alan1572

alan1572

vxisme

Hi Alan
For me the full frame image would be suited better to a tighter crop, would show off the detail and main subject nicely.
Donny
Donny  My Gallery

vxisme

Have now had this lying around the desktop since May, my main problem lies in the presentation of it, i really think ive messed this one up big time with this vignette, thoughts please.
Donny  My Gallery

guest4

Hi Donny. I agree the vignette isn't helping. Problems with it imho are it has a kind of notch at the top, it would look better with a base colour of black, on a colour pic I wouldn't make it opaque so I suggest opacity of the vignette layer. Nice pic underneath though.

guest4

So here's one I've had on my flickr for a while and nobody's commented on it. This in itself isn't totally unknown to happen but I was quite pleased with it so was hoping for a bit of a reaction. As you can probably tell its an hdr which might put some off and there's not much to the sky. Whaddya think?

vxisme

A cracking HDR Andy, like the light and the fact its not overdone, the detail is superb, the angle is spot on Imho a good all round image mate.

Right o another wee go at this one,  we could be here for a while..lol.
Donny  My Gallery

Alfonso_Frisk

Andy - The pink tinge puts me off and I would like to see the blue sky boosted a little.

Donny - Nice shot overall, but, the vignetting spoils it for me.

One from me
Straight from cam, cropped and converted to jpg
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

alan1572

Andy, it seems to leapfrom the screen, nice one

my effort

vxisme

Nice one also, i wondered if the wee wall would be better cropped out, keep the interest on the building itself,
My effort is one of Composition, have i cropped this too much..!
Donny  My Gallery

stevebedder

Hi Donny,

My first critque on this site...

I like the bold blue sky and green grass but do agree that it has been cropped a little too much for my liking. Personally I would have preferred to see a little more of the fence by taking the shot from a bit more the left so you could get more of a square crop.

Heres one of mine....

Rovers_Andy

Ooops sorry i didnt see the bit about giving c&c for the previous image

I like the perspective but not sure about the stone wall along the bottom of the frame and there is something creeping into the frame on the left hand side, i would possibly crop a little from the right to place the cathedral central in the frame.

The clear blue sky sets the image off nicely and i like the detail in the brickwork from the lighting

ok first image post on here, i would really appreciate C&C on this and a few others ( to be posted later) I am hoping to start selling some work as large format prints so please be honest, are the exposures good, what about the cropping?

Thankyou

Andy

greypoint

I'm hesitant about commenting on exposure because I'm viewing on a rubbish monitor ::) I like the  angle, use of DOF and limited colours - I'd be happy to have taken it! Not sure I'd have cropped any differently - I think it suits a central placing for the bird.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.