• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 102
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Your ROOM 101

Started by krennon, June 10, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

All cookery programmes, except one, (to be balloted for by the viewers), a complete waste of time and effort. I mean, how many do you need to show you how to cook a decent meal? :doh:

Oldboy

Quote from: highlandscenics on March 27, 2013, 05:45:39 PM

For me it has to be the 2 two young Mums pushing prams side by side. Instead of one falling in behind the other, they force you into the road. I'm sure some use said prams as an excuse to barge past and expect to have right of way in all situations........... :uglystupid2:

Because they have a baby/child in a pushchair they think everyone should be second to them. Also, the size of pushchairs means they take up more room on buses. I was in the Sandwell Valley farm cafe the other week, where some dumb mother placed her pushchair in front of the counter whilst she sat at the table. It made it very difficult to be served but she just ignored it.  >:(

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on March 27, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
All cookery programmes, except one, (to be balloted for by the viewers), a complete waste of time and effort. I mean, how many do you need to show you how to cook a decent meal? :doh:

I do quite like MasterChef, if only to play the "Spot the Euphemism" game. My favourite this series is John Torrode's "You've got too much honey in you salsa!"
     I'm going to use that one!....Hopefully this weekend!  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

The current fashion for publicly apologising for past events over which the individual apologising had no part in.

So I would just like to say (OK reductio ad absurdum, but few ideas are more desrving) that I unreservedly apologise for everything that has ever happened to anyone or anything since the first life on the planet began.

I feel so much better  :knuppel2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 28, 2013, 08:26:50 AM
The current fashion for publicly apologising for past events over which the individual apologising had no part in.

So I would just like to say (OK reductio ad absurdum, but few ideas are more desrving) that I unreservedly apologise for everything that has ever happened to anyone or anything since the first life on the planet began.

I feel so much better  :knuppel2:

:2funny:

Don't put yourself in room 101 Howard, you take some excellent photographs  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Markulous

I've resisted up until now but.......

Cyclists - yup, the law applies to you too! Latest episode was the cyclist who banged on the side of the car as we came up to the lights....... because I hadn't moved over to leave room for him to come up the inside! We had the last laugh as OH knew him, wound the window down and told him she was going to tell his father next time she saw him! He did have the grace to look embarrassed!

Cyclists - we all know it's your right but does it make sense. Busy main road, narrow with loads of sharp corners and so long stretches with double white lines...... and there's a road race in progress! Result: chaos with long tailbacks.

Middle-laners, boy racers, the flat cap brigade ("the speed limit says 50 but I'll brake hard to get down to 30 to be on the 'safe' side" - causing all kinds of frustrations)

Safety Camera Partnerships. By all means have your speed camera in a spot where a speed reduction is actually a good thing - as opposed to where it's not really an issue and so is just a cynical method of raising revenue

Dog owners who don't put their dogs on a lead when they meet dog owners with dogs on a lead - nearly as bad as owners who have dogs that rush up to people and then say "Don't worry, s/he's perfectly OK with people" (top tip: some people really don't like dogs and might be scared - doesn't do us dog owners any favours)

That'll do........... for now!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Matthew

Quote from: Markulous on March 28, 2013, 09:08:21 AM
I've resisted up until now but.......

Cyclists - yup, the law applies to you too! Latest episode was the cyclist who banged on the side of the car as we came up to the lights....... because I hadn't moved over to leave room for him to come up the inside! We had the last laugh as OH knew him, wound the window down and told him she was going to tell his father next time she saw him! He did have the grace to look embarrassed!

Cyclists - we all know it's your right but does it make sense. Busy main road, narrow with loads of sharp corners and so long stretches with double white lines...... and there's a road race in progress! Result: chaos with long tailbacks.

Middle-laners, boy racers, the flat cap brigade ("the speed limit says 50 but I'll brake hard to get down to 30 to be on the 'safe' side" - causing all kinds of frustrations)

Safety Camera Partnerships. By all means have your speed camera in a spot where a speed reduction is actually a good thing - as opposed to where it's not really an issue and so is just a cynical method of raising revenue

Dog owners who don't put their dogs on a lead when they meet dog owners with dogs on a lead - nearly as bad as owners who have dogs that rush up to people and then say "Don't worry, s/he's perfectly OK with people" (top tip: some people really don't like dogs and might be scared - doesn't do us dog owners any favours)

That'll do........... for now!  ;)

Can I add to your "middle lane" part........Those who are doing 60mph in a 60mph zone, but as soon as they see a Speed Camera Van, they hammer on the breaks and slow to 40????!!!!.......Annoying is an understatement....
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Markulous

Quote from: highlandscenics on March 28, 2013, 10:03:30 PM
Can I add to your "middle lane" part........Those who are doing 60mph in a 60mph zone, but as soon as they see a Speed Camera Van, they hammer on the breaks and slow to 40????!!!!.......Annoying is an understatement....

Was on the M25 during rush hour, so nose to tail traffic, gantry speed limit posted as 60 mph. Car in front would happily drive with all the traffic until it came to a gantry and then brake hard to 40! Every one!  :knuppel2:

I'm a regular through the traffic control gantries around Birmingham and have to say they work extremely well, as does the extra lane during congestion (old hard shoulder)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

JaneM

Endless amounts of pizza and kebab take away leaflets that drop through my letterbox on a daily basis :)

Daggers62

A similar thing.... Driving along the road at say 50mph and you can see the village sign approaching and the 30mph signs. Let's not take our foot off the accelerator and slowly drop down to 30mph.. No.. let's wait until you are level with the sign and drop a huge lead weight onto the brake pedal and go from 50 to 30 in a millisecond  >:(

Karen

People who haven't heard of indicators and people who can't stay in their own dam lane on a roundabout :knuppel2:

Oldboy

Quote from: JaneM on May 06, 2014, 11:08:10 PM
Endless amounts of pizza and kebab take away leaflets that drop through my letterbox on a daily basis :)

Agree.  >:(

Andrew

OK, I've found a tuppence - so her's my two penneth worth:

People who seem incable of using the roads correctly (cyclists or motorists - they are all as bad as each other)
People who seem incable of answering a question with a straight and honest answer - instead giving us some positively spun rubbish that only annoys.
NIMBY's - don't just hate it - come up with another solution  :knuppel2:
People who seem unable to understand the concept of thinking about those around them (that includes people from all walks of life and nationalities)
TV - what is its purpose again?
People who think that having to pay for something is a breach of their human rights!

Well, that's enough for now - got to go and watch the TV to drown out the noisy neighbours who are watching a pirate copy of Noah!
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

Quote from: Andrew on May 07, 2014, 08:51:51 PM
NIMBY's - don't just hate it - come up with another solution  :knuppel2:
Oh do not get me started on NIMBYs.  Toronto is full of them.  They are consistent, they want the new ___________ (fill in the blank) just not near them.  The worst ones are the those that buy near something they do not like and then complain about it.  The biggest example of this are those that buy in a funky new former industrial conversion building and then complain about the industry that is still nearby.  Or, the classic, move near railway tracks and complain about trains. 

Of course this is assuming that NIMBY means "Not In My Back Yard" like it does here. 

Andrew

Yep - we are talking the same language.

My favourite is Crawley - who do nothing but moan about Gatwick Airport without realising that if it closed tomorrow, Crawley would also have to close!

I don't mind them having an opinion - but they never offer up constructive comments, just "not in my backyard"  >:(
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.