• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread Fungi - Weekly Competition 19th October 2015

Started by Oldboy, October 17, 2015, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Fungi - Weekly Competition 19th October 2015

Chat Thread

Fungi - As it's the season for mellow fruitfulness this also includes Fungi, which is plentiful this time of year. It means you will need to look in nooks and crannies to find it.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 25th October 2015, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 26th October 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 27th October 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 31th October 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Reinardina

If I were you, I'd trim the bottom of both the chat and entry posts. You may confuse the punters otherwise!

And tell you something? I have yet to see my first fungus of the season! Haven't been 'fungus hunting' yet, but I would have expected to see some during my volunteer work in the country park. I'll have to make a special expedition.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

I took what I thought was a good photo of some beautiful fungi on Friday! If I can get back to the same spot, and if it's still there, I'll maybe try to improve on the first attempt.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Damn - I mowed an ideal group of fungi in my garden just the other day! Not seen may locally except in my garden for some reason. I`ll keep my eyes peeled.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on October 18, 2015, 10:23:24 AM
Damn - I mowed an ideal group of fungi in my garden just the other day! Not seen may locally except in my garden for some reason. I`ll keep my eyes peeled.

You probably spread the spores. They'll be back soon enough; hopefully soon enough for the competition.

SimonW

I found these in the local wood the day before this week's challenge was posted.

Found the spot again today but they'd all been destroyed - eaten I think! But I did find some very tiny ones, each a single isolated specimen, in various other places, so I shot them all and entered them instead.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Oldboy

Quote from: SimonW on October 20, 2015, 08:29:45 PM
I found these in the local wood the day before this week's challenge was posted.

Found the spot again today but they'd all been destroyed - eaten I think! But I did find some very tiny ones, each a single isolated specimen, in various other places, so I shot them all and entered them instead.

Lots of fungi only last a day or so before they die. When you went back you might only see a black goo.  :tup:

Reinardina

I didn't see a single fungus that was intact. Some were 'moth eaten,' others torn or flattened.
Came home with a small collection of photos, but haven't quite decided which one to enter.

Reinardina

Just entered this happy fungus. (because of its hat that's at a jaunty angle.)

WillyP

Reinardina

jinky

Sorry I realised I`d entered the wro9ng shot in my haste last week and should have been this one for the autumn colours behind it. Changed in entry thread.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.