• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CC Meet Ups

Started by picsfor, September 04, 2009, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

Quote from: Eileen on September 04, 2009, 03:28:53 PM
I'm in for the Speakers Corner meet. Should be fun.  :)
Me too please should be a good day out :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

All points are valid and i'm glad to see Mick has enabled them.

In the morning i will add a new thread entitled Speakers Corner so we can follow through with Jonathan's suggestion.

skellum

Quote from: magicrhodes on September 04, 2009, 03:32:42 PM
I'm in Sheffield and that has the Peaks to hand! Rundown factories and modernish sculpture.... and is on the right side of the Pennines! ;D

The right side of the Pennines for our allready had weather  :) :legit:

greypoint

I'll be sure to watch the news to see the item about a gang of suspicious characters being arrested for taking photos at speakers corner then :2funny:

magicrhodes

Quote from: Jonathan on September 04, 2009, 03:41:05 PM
Because it's far too easy for the original idea to get swamped with "hey, why are there never any meets on Mull/in St Tropez/Cambodia/Mars?" and lose track of who's going and where it is.

Oooo oooo Can I sign up for the Mars one but instead of Mars cane we make it Venus???? :legit:

Trickee

I am in Nottingham which is fairly central-------could we have northern, midland and south meet up threads :)

picsfor

The trick is to actually propose a meet. Just because it being proposed in a location - does not mean others can not attend.

So - if you're from Nottingham which is fairly central as the north goes - why not propose a meet at Nottingham. It has some extremely interesting places to photograph as well as a bussling town center.
Right from the off you have the old London Midland Railway Station to contrast with the new Tram system. You have the shopping center to contrast with the "old shops and lanes" and some amazing pubs etc that still have the old rustique qualities (My daughter read Law at Nottingham Trent!)

So, why not propose a meet - i would probably suggest a Saturday as public transport can be some what adventurous on Sundays up there - unless you can make enquiries to confirm what is running.
So - template for proposal would be...

Nottingham CC Meet Proposal

Meet at the Tram Terminus with the Railway Station. I would suggest a meeting point of 11am or 11:30 - plenty of time for people to get there without getting out of bed at the crack of dawn.. Now you need to give an idea of where you will be going and what the general type of photography will be (i think p.2 has enough to be going on with) and allow for refreshments and also advise on suitability for those who struggle with walking long distances (not all photographers are ramblers).

Places to photograph start with the old London Midland Railway Station via the new Tram System to the town center area with a selection of old and new shops and buildings, along with usual Saturday town center activity.
Any special activities going on, for that date to be posted here.

Refreshments almost any where in the town - to be decided as we go along. The area in question is reasonably compact so not a large of amount of strenuous walking involved. There is car parking nearby the railway station as well.

Finally - the date. Nottingham is blessed with 2 football teams - so pick a date with the least impact from football - as that can be a turn off.

OK, over to you...

Trickee

well notts county only draws a crowd of 3 so a saturday when they are at home would be good, oh sorry 4 now sven has joined them :legit:
for me a saturday is a problem day as i have to work 3 saturdays in a month--the joys of working in retail ::)

picsfor

So if you're arranging the meet - make it on the Saturday you're off or risk arranging it for a Sunday.

I'm a Train Driver - i have to work Saturdays and i have to work Sundays. When arranging a meet i usually propose a date or multiple dates when i'm off and get feed back before committing to a date.
There has to be some benefit to arranging a meet - and that is organising it when you can make it!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.