• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Updating CS6

Started by jinky, January 17, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I noticed that there was an update available to 8.7.1 and clicked to update. It gets to around 13% each time then tells me it cannot do anymore without me closing Adobe PhotoshopCS 6 (Photoshop.exe) even though photoshop is closed already? Why is that - anyone know?

Graham

I seem to remember something similar myself.
Even though it didn't show as being open anywhere I was advised to open Task Manager and there it was working away in the background. Select it, close it and problem solved.
Hope this helps.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Quote from: Graham on January 17, 2015, 11:36:30 AM
I seem to remember something similar myself.
Even though it didn't show as being open anywhere I was advised to open Task Manager and there it was working away in the background. Select it, close it and problem solved.
Hope this helps.

Nope - tried that and it does not show as running in background - only the adobe updater is running. Cannot see what else to do  :uglystupid2:

donoreo

Did you look at the Processes tab?  It is probably there.  If not, reboot, then update before you start up PS.  You can manually download the updates. 

jinky

Wasn`t in processes tab either. Left the PC , came back a few hours later and tried again and this time... success. I just don`t get computers and their little ways!!!! :doh:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.