• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 22
  • Total: 22
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

How do YOU learn?

Started by greypoint, September 07, 2009, 06:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

I've learnt from all over the place, my friends all thought that 'cos my dad was a pro tog, I'd be a good tog as well. They couldn't have been more wrong I never got the bug (maybe 'cos of watching dad struggle to make a living) until digital came along, my wife bought me a compact which I still have and do use occasionally. Then I bought a fuji S6500fd bridge camera, had some problems with it which funnily is when I joined up to DC MAG as it was, got a LOT of help, guidance and inspiration from there, I do subscribe to Photography Monthly and DC but more for ideas than anything else, and occasionally pick up AP.....
Did buy Tom Angs Digital Photography Workbook a couple of weeks ago for £6.00 from the book bods at work that has loads of help and advice in it...
I have done the OU digital photography course last year (only 10 week course just to get a flavour of it) and joined my local camera club....But the best way I reckon is to get out there and do it, I got so much out of our recent trip to Speakers Corner it was great. You never stop learning though and I know that I may not take the best shots in the world but I enjoy taking them and doing it and surely that is what counts  :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

picsfor

Quote from: krennon on September 25, 2009, 04:07:28 PM
I know that I may not take the best shots in the world but I enjoy taking them and doing it and surely that is what counts  :)

And that is what it's all about - here here that chap  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :beer:

chris@seary.com

I learnt loads by going out with Ed Godden on a reader day with DC mag. I'd recommend it to anyone who gets the chance.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.