• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 160
  • Total: 160
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Speakers Corner Meet - moved to identify this meet only...

Started by picsfor, September 05, 2009, 10:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Sandy, I hope you won't take offence but don't just take photographs to please the judge, take 'em to please yourself. I'm a great believer in camera clubs, I belong to one myself and judges play a part in the competitive side of things. Having said that they are also a drag on inventiveness, expression and development. Once you know what the judges want and try to please them instead of yourself  you are trapped! :doh:

I rejoined my club again after 20 years absence and the same people that were there when I left were still there presenting the same pictures because their ideal was to get a 10 each month. The worst thing I sat through recently was a talk about 'What The Judge is Looking For', not once did the speaker mention a fresh approach or try something different, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't recognise it anyway.

By the way congratulations on your 20! :tup:

Sandy

Thanks I understand what you are saying, however it was a really nice feeling last Tuesday. Iam in class2 which is the lower class there is also a class1 in competitions and this weeks judge actually gave me first and second place and two twenty's and I have never had twenty before and then he chose one of my photos has best print of the evening so I felt like I was walking on air. I do like taking all types of photos and hopefully I will get that feeling again of winning but I just like meeting up with other people in the club and talking about photography.

Sandy

Oldboy

Quote from: Sandy on September 26, 2009, 11:36:39 AM
Thanks I understand what you are saying, however it was a really nice feeling last Tuesday. Iam in class2 which is the lower class there is also a class1 in competitions and this weeks judge actually gave me first and second place and two twenty's and I have never had twenty before and then he chose one of my photos has best print of the evening so I felt like I was walking on air. I do like taking all types of photos and hopefully I will get that feeling again of winning but I just like meeting up with other people in the club and talking about photography.

Sandy
Well done on your pictures winning. It's nice when others see what you think is a great picture, but as ABERS say's always take pictures that you like and enjoy. I don't belong to any clubs, but from what I've heard cruel comments can destroy a persons love of photography, and trying to please those people can stunt your growth as a great photographer.  ;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.