• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 97
  • Mick
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

After finding that my bluetooth and wifi icons had disappeared again from my taskbar on pc and that there was not even a sign of drivers in the network I panicked. I tried contacting PC manufacturers for driver downloads but first had to invert the PC to find a model number which wasn`t even then on the manifacturers list. As my ethernet connection is also cosntantly dropping out since a router change by Virgin I kept losing my online email contact and gave up. I then realised I had not tried the age old turn it off and back on again, did so and hey ho - back again! My ethernet connection is still a problem , shared by many on the Virgin Media forum but denied by the India call centre. they decided it was my actual ethernet cable. I explained that the router was into tyhe house downstairs with a long cable then running round the house to the upstairs back bedroom. They sent me a free replacement - not long enough for either!!! Guess i`ll continue using pc on wifi connection for stuff I don`t want to drop out.

Oldboy

Why oh why are they allowed to use India call centres? They follow a script and can't handle anything that isn't on it. Had a similar problem with TalkTalk on AOL.UK. Told the chap I had tested the wiring up to where it entered the house therefore, the problem was at the exchange. Also. told them I had brought a new router as the other one supplied by AOL years ago was old. They replied they didn't support that model and would send me a new one. A router is a router and will work with any network. I'm still using it today! They also said they would sent an engineer to the house but I said I wouldn't be in and the problem was at the exchange. So they cancelled the engineer. A few days later I received two letters, one from BT and one from TalkTalk telling me I might lose my internet connect due to work at the exchange on Monday. On returning home that evening I found the connection was back!  >:(

What annoys me most is you can't send an email to complain as they don't have an email address to send it to. TalkTalk was fined £600,000 for a data breach but all they did was put my charges up.  >:(

Jediboy

My son scored the winner is his match (yesterday). He plays in defence so doesn't score many goal, and it made me (and him) very happy.

And today my broadband was finally fixed. :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Well done to Jediboy's son. There's nothing better than been a winner.  :tup:

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on August 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
My son scored the winner is his match (yesterday). He plays in defence so doesn't score many goal, and it made me (and him) very happy.

And today my broadband was finally fixed. :)

Great to see the joy when they score one. may he score many more even from defence!  ;)

anglefire

This actually isn't today - but last weekend - but I went to Castle Combe to watch the motor racing - the company I work for sponsor one of the cars - the subject of the photograph here.

I was very pleased to capture this one - obviously because of the flaming exhaust, but also that all the right bits are sharp as well - given it was shot at 1/40" @ ~270mm - the best pan at that speed all day - slower didn't work at all - I did get others as well which i think are good, but this was the shot of the day for me :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Cracking shot Anglefire.  :tup:

You might have got the driver to wave as he drove past!  :D :2funny:

anglefire

He was actually having to nurse it abit - they put a different engine in last year (2ltr duratec was replaced with a 1.6 Fiesta engine essentially) but the power has increased by 83% to about 350bhp - but the cooling is marginal so he has to back off to keep the temperature below 100'C - they are working on the aero and cooling capacity this year to hopefully get back to winning form next year.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Paul Montgomery

I'm impressed. Even on the monopod I really struggle with shutter speeds of less than 1/100 with a lens of that length.

anglefire

The 100-400 lens has IS that works when panning - but I do accept that its not the easiest thing to do - the only answer is practice, practice, practice. My hit rate is probably 20% at 1/40 on a good day - 1/125 is probably 80-90% 1/25 <5% :)

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Bought a new battery for the 'Vette, wiggled a few wires, hey presto, functioning. Went to the test centre, got booked in for yesterday afternoon, passed. And he only charged me €15 instead of the €35 it should have been for a brake retest. One happy bunny.  ;) :tup: :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 15, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
Bought a new battery for the 'Vette, wiggled a few wires, hey presto, functioning. Went to the test centre, got booked in for yesterday afternoon, passed. And he only charged me €15 instead of the €35 it should have been for a brake retest. One happy bunny.  ;) :tup: :dance:
:tup: :-*

Hinfrance

Actually made me laugh my socks off - figuratively.

Bit of background. The national speed limit here has been lowered to 80kph, which has proved to be very deeply unpopular in France profond. It's a biggish country and driving across swathes of it at 50mph or in fact less to avoid prosecution,  is a drudge at best, as serious inconvenience at worst.

Last night person or persons unknown decapitated the 80kph sign on the main road into Bergerac, drew male genitalia on the speed camera warning sign and strapped the decapitated sign to the front of the speed camera further down the road. Genius.  :2funny: ;D :dance:

The camera had already been vandalised twice since the new limits came into force, I reckon next time it might get a Soweto necklace.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

I know a few French people and yes, the new speed limits are not at all popular. Arguably stupid reasons for the change too.

At least the limits are consistent - unlike here when they go up and down like a whores draws on a Saturday night.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.