• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Boring

Started by 2Beers, February 18, 2015, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenBatey

This isn't helped by a lot of camera viewfinders which aren't fit for purpose  >:( I've looked through the viewfinders of some cameras and would just hate to have to use them. A camera should be a tool that doesn't actively get in my way. Many do get in my way.

Rant over.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

ABERS

In the early days of darkroom working I quickly learned to already be in the darkroom when composing a picture in the viewfinder.

What would need to be worked on in the darkroom, could that highlight be burnt in? Was there sufficient latitude in the shadows to allow for some dodging to retain some detail? It became an automatic reflex action brought about by wastepaper baskets full of spoiled prints because of a lax approach at the taking stage.

That habit, if you want to call it that, has stayed with me even though the digital process allows a much greater facility to correct any such mistakes.

Even watching TV I find myself looking at the background to see if the camera has picked up some distraction or other.

Reinardina

Quite a few replies 2Beers.

Anyone else anything to add?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

Yes - but I think I'll start a thread on one of the hobby horses I've ridden in this one.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.