• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Had a cracking day out at Matlock Bath with a group meeting of the DPG forum. 13 in Total. Not a lot of togging, but a fantastic laugh.

And we got a cake off one of the cafe's to celebrate the forums Birthday - asked about it in the morning, they cooked and decorated it for 4pm this afternoon. Fantastic - and was only a fiver  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

The Manic Street Preachers managment have contacted the Assembly Rooms in Derby to confirm that I am who I say I am when I applied for a Photo Pass.
       The Assembly Rooms have replied as Follows:

Hi Tom

I understand Graham has been in touch to sort out getting a photo pass for the Manics show here...

This is just a quick email to confirm that he is well known to us, being an experienced gig photographer that we use regularly.

Any queries, obviously give me a shout.

Cheers, Bob

Thanks Bob I owe you a pint. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

A wedding I am photographing on 10th October for two Paralympic Athletes is to be the featured wedding ( Full page ) in the Lancashire Evening Post ( Weddings Supplement ) The couple have to fill in a form which was e.mailed to me today with all the details from how they met to who is the Bestman for the paper to put a story together ( a form of self journalism )
As ever the papers wont pay for any pictures but it is very good free advertising.  :tup:

I submitted a picture to the paper from the last wedding I did and the happy couple and family were very pleased to see themselves in the press so those of you about to
do weddings might concider contacting your local press.  Most local papers usually have a Weddings section during the week... :legit:

alan1572

winning my singles game in my Golf clubs competition :tup:
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

krennon

WMMFGT...well this week and last

Last week going out with the in-laws lots, went to the British Museum, saw Roy Bookbinder at both Crawley and Putney, went to Polesden Lacey nr Dorking. My father in law then gave me the money to go to the Voyeurism Exhibitionism & Surveillance exhibition at the Tate Modern it's only for another few days so get along if you can, then Sunday we went to Buckingham Palace and as my father in law is registered disabled we got to drive in through the front gate and park in front of the palace itself well chuffed....£17.00 to get in but well worth it, can highly recommend it the rooms you get to see are something else and every single member of staff was so helpful it was unbelievable.....

Getting a 9 and and an 8.5 out of 10 for my 2 PDI entries in the CC comp on Monday so 17.5 in total can't be bad.

So things are going reasonably well so far... :tup: long may it continue
Starting my new job this week after having had last week off on hols. Early days but it's going well. (same co just different division)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Had the good fortune to attend a talk by Andrew Sanderson yesterday evening where he displayed a series of B+W silver prints that were a delight to the eye.
The prints had that almost indefinable quality of lustre and tone and control that are the hallmark of a master printer. It's when you see such prints you come to the conclusion that whilst digital printing is now the norm it falls short of the 'old method' when produced by such an accomplished artist.

The same can be said for the work of Tim Rudman another printer of renown.

Their web sites are

http://www.andrewsanderson.com and http://www.timrudman.com respectively.

I'm sure members from oop North will know the work of Andrew Sanderson who is based in Holmfirth.

Alfonso_Frisk

Wow. Amdrew Sandersons work is amazing, especially the night shots gallery.
Thanks for sharing. Now bookmarked.
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

irv_b

WMMFGT
Been away all week on the 5 yearly retest of the gas safety exams, we have to take to keep up our gas safe (what used to be called corgi) registration. Met up with some of the guys in the company from up north and we all had a great time and surprising sailed through the test easily ( they are more geared to service and maintainance, than installation). So its safe for you guys to eat out without any restaurant equipment bursting into flames while you are scoffing away. ;D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Well done and welcome back Irv. :tup:
         I wonderd where you were.
                                    Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

MBNA - excellent customer service from them, yet again.

About a month ago I ordered a OBD2 reader to help with my DIY car maintenance, from a firm in Leeds. I ordered a high spec model because I have got 3 cars to work on. They sent me the bottom of the range dirt cheap model.

Cutting a longish story short, they haven't sent me what I paid for, and I haven't sent back the cheapo unit they sent to me. So a claim against the credit card company was the only way forward - personally I hate doing it to them, it's hardly their fault, but I need my money back.

MBNA told me to issue a tender/return notice for the unsolicited item, requiring the Leeds company to pick up their item - I have to give them one week's notice and only a two hour window in which to recover it. As I am in SW France we agreed it would be staggering if they did turn up. Thereafter we wait 30 days for him to provide what was ordered or refund, and if no joy I get my money back and he gets blacklisted.

It's quite cheered me up :)

And nice to see you back as well Irv, that's cheered me up too ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

nickt

Irv, where did you go for the tests? I used to go to Brentford, but the testing centre moved to Milton Keynes. I did mine last year. Have you met your new GASSAFE inspector yet? They're the old CORGI ones! They just moved over to GASSAFE.
Nick

ABERS

:2funny:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11419212

Mind, if you're a prude it could leave a nasty taste in your mouth. :legit:

Cabbyjohn

Mind, if you're a prude it could leave a nasty taste in your mouth.

Whatever do you mean?  8)

irv_b

Quote from: nickt on September 27, 2010, 08:54:04 PM
Irv, where did you go for the tests? I used to go to Brentford, but the testing centre moved to Milton Keynes. I did mine last year. Have you met your new GASSAFE inspector yet? They're the old CORGI ones! They just moved over to GASSAFE.
Nick

Yes Nick Milton Keynes is the one I go to (Gastec). It's a new unit they're in. so somebody is raking in the dough. Luckily mine is all paid for from the company I'm with and I get a few days in a nice hotel with an allowance for food and drink :D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

nickt

Quote from: irv_b on September 28, 2010, 03:52:27 PM
Quote from: nickt on September 27, 2010, 08:54:04 PM
Nick

Yes Nick Milton Keynes is the one I go to (Gastec). It's a new unit they're in. so somebody is raking in the dough. Luckily mine is all paid for from the company I'm with and I get a few days in a nice hotel with an allowance for food and drink :D
Alright for some :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.