• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Anyone still frequent photoradar?

Started by Paul Montgomery, May 13, 2011, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2011, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Graham on May 14, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Well they'er most welcome, but we don't accept just any old riffraff you know. :P
                     Graham.

That begs the question....How did you get on here?  :P :legit:

I dug my own tunnel!  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 15, 2011, 07:31:53 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2011, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Graham on May 14, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Well they'er most welcome, but we don't accept just any old riffraff you know. :P
                     Graham.

That begs the question....How did you get on here?  :P :legit:

I dug my own tunnel!  :)

;D

michaelb104

Quote from: Carlj on May 14, 2011, 11:27:37 PM
Don't even buy the mag any more. If a camera ain't got 5 letters in it's name, it's condemned for not being a camera whose name consists not of 4 letters, nor 6 letters may it's name have. 7 letters is a most definite no-no, for 5 is the magic number.....  :dance:

Completely agree with this.

It's one of the reasons I stopped getting the mag, that and the repetition............ of the same old, same old  ::)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

michaelb104

I pop in and have a read if I'm a bit bored at work but I cannot remember the last time I saw a serious conversation about photography – maybe I'm just not looking in the right place  ;)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beryl

Took all my pics off..................... I think
Went off the site when it changed from Dital to Radar

Photo Radar :   Photo radar is a speed enforcement tool operated by trained police officers in a marked police vehicle
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

greypoint

...if I look in I get an error message and Opera closes down...very convenient..... :doh:

Darren1978

Quote from: Beryl on May 16, 2011, 05:46:38 AM
Went off the site when it changed from Dital to Radar

Quote from: michaelb104 on May 15, 2011, 11:09:08 AM

Completely agree with this.

It's one of the reasons I stopped getting the mag, that and the repetition............ of the same old, same old  ::)
^^^All those reasons for me  ;)

Lost my photography mojo for a long time but really starting to get back in to it again now....even looking at getting a D7000 in a few weeks!

Hinfrance

Quote from: greypoint on May 16, 2011, 06:55:04 AM
...if I look in I get an error message and Opera closes down...very convenient..... :doh:

Interesting - I use Opera and don't have that problem - I'm running version 11.10
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 16, 2011, 08:38:27 AM
Quote from: greypoint on May 16, 2011, 06:55:04 AM

Interesting - I use Opera and don't have that problem - I'm running version 11.10

So am I - the error message was to do with a flash player problem making opera close down. I've just installed an update so it might be sorted....not that makes any difference to wanting to use the site ;D

ABERS

Twice today on PR I've seem pictures edited by members with no by-your-leave requested from the picture's authors. Plain bad manners I'm afraid. ::)

Beaux Reflets

I guess PR boils down to personal opinion of an individual's expectations :tup: and I decided awhile back that it was certainly not the best place for me to be seen in  ;) :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

krennon

Nope gave up on pr AGES ago, only frequent here and dyxum (alpha mount site very helpful people just like here)
Got bored of the mag as someone else said, every year they'd trot out the same old same old "Take Better Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter Shots" and only ever reviewed CANIK no or very little mention of Olympus, Pentax or Sony cameras never mind the fact that they are all good makes with lots to offer.
Didn't like the perceived "rights grab" issue when uploading shots to their gallery,
didn't like the way the site was/wasn't moderated,
didn't particularly like the forum lay out or the people on it, and as pretty much everyone I ever communicated with over there is here I stay here... :tup:
This is a much nicer place more friendly, tongue in cheek bitching rather than serious nastiness  ;) and helpful advice and constructive criticism rather than "destructive" criticism which is what I seemed to get on PR  >:(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Still go on there nearly every day and post comments/advice. There are still a lot of decent members there just a shame it wasn't designed for photographers to uses as the old DCM site was.  :uglystupid2:

Matthew

Yeah, I still use it. Although I only upload my weekend comp entries to it now. I mainly use it for the weekend comps, although its still going strong with new entrants and members having a go, it hasn't really been the same since the last "bust up" :knuppel2: I wont go into details, its all water under the bridge.

I now upload my images from shoots either on here or FlickR....
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

greypoint

...noticed a post from Stan the other day when I took a look  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.