• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
  • Google (2)
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Lightroom 4 - New LOW PRICE

Started by picsfor, March 06, 2012, 09:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

This wonderfully updated version of LR is now available for purchase.

I've already dived in because the beta version ran much faster and drained the system resources much less than LR3.
And that's without the various improvements they've made, including the ability to create and order a Blurb Book from within LR or create a PDf eBook for distribution.

You can download the trial and give it a go - and the upgrade cost is only £60 inc vat and free delivery during March.

The full product is now being sold for ONLY £103 - that's under half the price of LR3...

As some one said, almost as cheap as Elements...

Hinfrance

I'm glad I didn't take up the offer to buy LR3 at a discount, because LR4 is cheaper, Just downloading it now :)

I was about to buy Aftershot Pro, but at just over £100 LR is good value. I've always liked the DAM, I'll just have to get used to the other bits. :-[

I can hardly believe Adobe are actually charging a reasonable price for something.  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Typical, I;ev just bought a Wacom wireless tablet that came with LR3 - still, was a good price regardless and I think its still compatible for the upgrade - I've been using LR4 beta and think I like it.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

A shameless plug for my Amazon adds, lol..  Not that they have it in stock ATM.  :doh:

Not sure the student and teacher addition is much of a saving, but here it is.

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Damn! Missed your ads and paid a few quid more direct from Adobe.

Note to self, check Mick's ads in future.  :uglystupid2:

I think it might be cheap because it keeps crashing, failed to properly convert the LR3 catalogue that I had from my previous trials, and if I try to create a new catalogue from the same files it comes up almost 10,000 files short (about 30% of the target images), claiming that they are unreadable. Hmmm.

Do they do money back?

Later: Ran import on the new catalogue again, and this time it did much better. Think I've got them all now. ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Strange, Amazon Canada isn't even offering LR 4.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on March 06, 2012, 08:49:25 PM
Typical, I;ev just bought a Wacom wireless tablet that came with LR3 - still, was a good price regardless and I think its still compatible for the upgrade - I've been using LR4 beta and think I like it.

I was actually shocked at how many companies at Focus were giving away LR3 with random purchases.  Wacom tablet, D800, 40 grand Hasselblad....

Thanks for the heads up - I'll get it ordered.  Literally no point for me in downloading the trial.
It's Guest's round

Jonathan

'k just paid the Adobe tax....

1. Still utterly disgusted with their "environmental policy".  Their download servers are in Ireland which attract a higher rate of vat than their shipment warehouse (in NL I think).  Delivery is currently "free".  So, it's cheaper to ask them to burn the data to a disk that's basically made out of oil, wrap it in some dead trees and drive it in a lorry burning diesel than to send it down a cable (which would involve literally a tiny amount of electricity).

2. Quidco.  8% cashback.  Sorted.
It's Guest's round

spinner

Quote from: Jonathan on March 08, 2012, 07:51:44 AM

I was actually shocked at how many companies at Focus were giving away LR3 with random purchases. 40 grand Hasselblad....

Such a deal! I'd buy two.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Quote from: Jonathan on March 08, 2012, 02:10:47 PM
2. Quidco.  8% cashback.  Sorted.

Is this automatic Jonathan? I have it and get cashback for some things, but I never do anything to get it apart from have an account!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on March 07, 2012, 09:47:08 PM
Strange, Amazon Canada isn't even offering LR 4.
I know I am late, but it had it the first day.  It was hard to find.   I ordered the upgrade and it is supposed to ship 14 March.  I should have ordered from Adobe, I would have it by now. 

ABERS

Ordered it from Adobe on Wednesday last, it arrived on Friday (from Holland). Loaded it up this a.m. and not yet tried it. Not too sure if I want the Map feature, seems a bit superflous to me and of little use if you haven't got GPS, whatever that is.

Now where was I? ???

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on March 12, 2012, 06:46:32 PMNot too sure if I want the Map feature, seems a bit superflous to me and of little use if you haven't got GPS, whatever that is.

It was one of those areas that Adobe were getting severe grief from those who kept saying Apple give it away with iPhoto and that's xx years old, and Aperture does it even better.

I don't mind it - i use it as a visual tag - want pics from this place or that - go to the map tool.

I'm rather pleased they've finally decided to give all the sliders proper names instead of names from a Times crossword.

In relation to what Jonathan said, not surprised people were giving it away, cos it was Tuesday at Focus that LR4 got launched. Forget which 'member of staff' gave the secret away that Monday night after all was closed, a whole raft of Adobe people suddenly descended upon the place with LR4 banners and box loads of stuff. I'd downloaded before Victoria Brampton even made an announcement on Twitter, let alone Adobe...

Running LR3 side by side with LR4 for the mean time, but all 2012 pictures are now only in the LR4 catalogue - will eventually convert older stuff into LR4 until LR3 is no longer needed.

Right, off to learn how to use the book module, i think that could a useful feature for future - especially the eBook option.

donoreo

My LR4 was shipped from Amazon today.  I may have it tomorrow. 

Jonathan

Mine arrived yesterday.  All the way from Adobe Deustchland home of 19% VAT.

Not opened it yet.....
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.