• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

IOTW Year End

Started by skellum, December 19, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

There are so many to chose from - not mine, obviously, but I'll give it a go and see if I can come with something to nominate and and effort from my stream.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Another of my fog/mist shots. Very appropriate at this time of year and one of my enduring favourites.

May I add this one for myself?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Just realised I posted my shot in the wrong thread, so I posted my two nominees in the Entries thread as well.

I realise Andy and I are going for the same thing, more or less! What must people think!

Mick

Quote from: Dave on December 20, 2011, 10:28:15 AM
It does not necessarily have to be a previous IOTW

Absolutely not, in fact this is normally discouraged.   Also wouldn't be fair to new members, or members who haven't had a IOTW previously.  So I'm guessing this comp includes any image in the gallery, (previous winner or not)

So basically anyone who has a image in the gallery will have a chance to win.  :tup:

Quote from: Reinardina on December 20, 2011, 10:34:08 AM
Mick!

Probaly not the right place, but several times I have had the following error message when changing pages, or when I wanted to use the spell checker.

Internal Server Error

Thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully just a server glitch.  I'll check it out though.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

irv_b

What a great idea Dave  :tup:! I will have to get on the case with looking through the galleries not long til friday!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

hevans

Not easy to choose just one. I've been through the galleries for the last year and have been particularly struck by these. So, can I propose the following?

skellum

Could you narrow it down a bit.   :o   I would suggest two submissions per  member otherwise we could have a poll as long as next week.   :tup:

hevans

Quote from: Dave on December 20, 2011, 11:00:18 PM
Could you narrow it down a bit.   :o   I would suggest two submissions per  member otherwise we could have a poll as long as next week.   :tup:

Honestly, it's not my fault. I really wouldn't know how to parse these down, they're all so striking, yet completely different.   :-\

Besides, it's only 12, which is one per month.  ::)

Reinardina

Quote from: hevans on December 20, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Honestly, it's not my fault. I really wouldn't know how to parse these down, they're all so striking, yet completely different.   :-\

You can take 'The lone Walker' (in the fog/mist) off, as that is also nominated by Andy! (Thrilled to bits to get such acclaim!)

hevans

Quote from: Reinardina on December 21, 2011, 09:11:44 AM

You can take 'The lone Walker' (in the fog/mist) off, as that is also nominated by Andy!
Ok.
Quote(Thrilled to bits to get such acclaim!)

It's your own fault for taking such a captivating photo!

ABERS

A tremendous photograph that encapsulates all that is perfect in street photography. It certainly gets my vote for the Image of the Year.  :tup:

skellum

Quote from: ABERS on December 21, 2011, 02:00:41 PM
A tremendous photograph that encapsulates all that is perfect in street photography. It certainly gets my vote for the Image of the Year.  :tup:

This would of been my choice to nominate in fact it was my choice for IOTW  but unfortunately Mick as said no previous IOTW to be included. We will have to wait and see what he says.

Reinardina

Quote from: hevans on December 21, 2011, 01:21:29 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 21, 2011, 09:11:44 AM

You can take 'The lone Walker' (in the fog/mist) off, as that is also nominated by Andy!
Ok.
Quote(Thrilled to bits to get such acclaim!)

It's your own fault for taking such a captivating photo!

With me it is still very much a hit and miss affair, but this particular one was an unexpected hit. The man turned up out of the grey and almost immediately disappeared again. I was very lucky indeed!

Mick

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2011, 02:46:03 PM

This would of been my choice to nominate in fact it was my choice for IOTW  but unfortunately Mick as said no previous IOTW to be included. We will have to wait and see what he says.

Sorry Dave I didn't explain myself to well above.  What I meant was, it's not normally allowed, but I think in this case, any image in the gallery should be allowed, this includes previous winners.  This will give everyone a chance. ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

skellum

Quote from: admin on December 21, 2011, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2011, 02:46:03 PM

Sorry Dave I didn't explain myself to well above.  What I meant was, it's not normally allowed, but I think in this case, any image in the gallery should be allowed, this includes previous winners.  This will give everyone a chance. ;)

Ok Mick   :tup:  Still means I have to find another picture as Abers beat me to my first choice.  We still need Hevans to cut his down to two as well. I keep finding some excellent pictures by muckypup but he has not been on the site for ages so it makes me wonder whether I should choose one of his.. :-\.   I'll carry on looking.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.