• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for MASCULINITY

Started by Simple, October 25, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for you favourite Masculinity picture

Chain Male

3 (27.3%)
Mans Gentle Side

3 (27.3%)
Pumping Lard

4 (36.4%)
Lucky7

1 (9.1%)
Sportscar

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 29, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

Simple

Ayup, only 5 entries, so please VOTE!!

jinky

Gave it a bump as it`s a photo finish!

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on October 28, 2016, 09:47:32 AM

It is always a Photo finish  :D  :2funny:  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on October 28, 2016, 11:13:39 AM
Quote from: jinky on October 28, 2016, 09:47:32 AM

It is always a Photo finish  :D  :2funny:  :2funny:
Yes....that`s what I meant Andy :D

Oldboy

It Looks like the lard has won!  :2funny:

Well done Hinfrance.  :tup:

jinky

Well done Iron H - got my vote as I was in awe of your muscle!

David Blandford

still trying to paint with light!!

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on October 29, 2016, 09:52:49 AM
Well done Iron H - got my vote as I was in awe of your muscle!

Thanks all for the votes. You do realise Paul that it is my only muscle . . and probably mostly fat ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

Well Done H!! Does the H stand for Hard man???

Reinardina

So, lard is considered masculine? Not in my book, but as I appreciate Howard's modesty, in trying to pass off his one muscle as lard, I voted for it anyway. Congratulations Howard, for being voted most masculine.

This competition was a bit of an education for me, as I expected the cars to get more votes, as they are supposed to be a masculine interest.

Firmly stuck in the last century, as far as my opinions on this subject are concerned, I did not think the soft, feminine side of men was considered masculine, but I stand corrected.

Thank you to those who voted for my chivalrous chain male!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

I know i did not enter but it looks like we are back to the old subject of "the brief' and following it OR how far we can bend it.

How different people interpret a brief has always bemused me and that is why i limit myself to the competitions on here and this week is no exception as i think there were (IN MY OPINION) some ambiguous entries.

Masculinity to me is all things, well Male, with attributes such as being handsome, muscled, strength, boldness, aggresivness and driven. That said well done to all that entered at least you did participate unlike me.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

At least you've got an entry in the Disstance competition.

jinky

Quote from: kerbside on October 29, 2016, 05:28:11 PM
I know i did not enter but it looks like we are back to the old subject of "the brief' and following it OR how far we can bend it.

How different people interpret a brief has always bemused me and that is why i limit myself to the competitions on here and this week is no exception as i think there were (IN MY OPINION) some ambiguous entries.

Masculinity to me is all things, well Male, with attributes such as being handsome, muscled, strength, boldness, aggresivness and driven. That said well done to all that entered at least you did participate unlike me.

As ever the voter decides what is "on brief" for me. The term "masculinity" must mean so many different things to different people and has surely changed throughout history in terms of dress / attitude / within differing cultures so interpretation is always going to be wide. Thus we vote with our own reaction to what it means to us at that time. For me the car shots didn`t work with my in head definition when looking in, R`s did with the play on words in the title but not without and the gentler side of man shot challenged notions of masculinity but I went with the muscular (almost  ;)) shot seated in traditional  definition. The Oxford dcitionary gives 'handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity' as an example - maybe the cars do work  ;)

Reinardina

Yeah, funny that.

For me, the chivalrous, medieval knight, is the epitome of masculinity.

I wonder if women see this differently from men?

kerbside

jinky, my thoughts were the same as yours and i went for the traditional "in the gym picture", the "fluffy" man picture did nothing to inspire masculinity for me and the car pictures were on the right track but just not masculine enough.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.