• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Total Eclipse of the Moon.

Started by jimthetrain, June 15, 2011, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimthetrain

I read today that there is a total eclipse of the moon tonight around 9:00 pm (BST) Lasts 11 minutes if you are in the right places. As usual with these events the skies in lancashire are overcast at the moment and will probably be so until 9:11pm  ::) Might see if it is photographable at a suitable location later.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

krennon

And the clouds have gathered here in Surrey/SW London border as well not looking hopeful for shots of a blood moon alas but we shall see later...(although the light pollution where I am is unreal anyway oh to be in Somerset again (or Devon) with a clear sky.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

There's a storm brewing here too . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Very cloudy and wet here too   :(
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

michaelb104

Thick blanket could in Portsmouth and rain, I'm not expecting to see any moon later  :-\
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

mondmagu

A  bit too cloudy here in Dublin at the moment but will keep optimistic.The gear is all set up already just in case!! ;)

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Oldboy

They allways tell us about eclipses when the country is covered in cloud!  :doh:

jinky

Supposed to be best seen in the north - cloudy here  :(

Hinfrance

Spent a few minutes outside - half the horizon is clear of cloud - yep, you've guessed it, no sign of any celestial bodies at all. Wrong half clear. And it's only just getting dark.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

It was peaing down here so fat chance of a shot
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Just Dave

Never mind guys lets hope we can see the next one  :tup:

Next total lunar eclipse will take place on December 10, 2011, will be the final eclipse of the year. Clicky Linky but we should see it as well, but may only be partial
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Delamanda

I saw it!  I was a tad disappointed, though, having been promised a "spectacular blood red moon", I was expecting a massive ball of glowing red fire and you had to look really hard to see it because it was a very dark red.  I also realise you need a massive lens to photograph it, but I'm still posting my montage here - it might have a scarcity value if nothing else.  I actually preferred the shot of someone taking it on a compact and I bet all those people with iPhones got better results than I did!

Just Dave

Good stuff Del, like it, whereabout are you we only had cloud up north lancashire
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Delamanda

@JustDave - Vienna, on the bank of the Danube canal.  Managed to find a nice little "beach" bar, so grabbed the end table, set up the tripod, had one hand on the camera and the other round the beer!  We were lucky, though, because at one point it looked as though we were going to have a massive storm, but thankfully, it blew over before the moon rose.

Beryl

Our sky was covered in cloud, Then by 9 :30  they all went pink the whole sky was covered in pink. I put one of my photos in the gallery of the sunset and as much sky as I could get in on 18mm frame

Here is another shot taken a bit later

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.