• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat for Weekly Comp - Green - Monday 27 June to Sunday 3 July

Started by Markulous, June 26, 2011, 07:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markulous

This is the Chat Thread with the subject
Green
Come on then, plenty of possibilities here! There's the colour Green (an object or just a general greeness!) and then there's the description for young or inexperienced. And what about something that's helping the environment, like wind turbines or solar panels? Indoors or outdoors it matters not (though you may be hard pushed to find a wind turbine indoors!  ;D)

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 27 June 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 3 July 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 4 July 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 5 July 2011. Winner to be announced Saturday 9 July 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

guy1970

Thanks for stepping in Mark. I was all out of ideas and did not really have time this week.

I guess it was your turn anyway, as I took over last week. Great subject plenty of scope here.   :tup: :beer:
Guy

Hinfrance

Shame it's not brown, then I could just take a picture of my 'lawn' ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Markulous

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 27, 2011, 04:09:49 PM
Shame it's not brown, then I could just take a picture of my 'lawn' ;)

Isn't brown the new green?  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

michaelb104

Was going to go out and try and find a green landscape shot but I had the dilemma of going out in the car or having a cool refreshing beer – the beer won  :beer:  ;D

So I'm in with this

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Markulous

Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Reinardina

Just voted. So few entries and still so difficult to choose!

I've just returned from a 'family and friends' visit to Holland, and hope to get more involved, once I manage to get all the pictures I took sorted. Still find the site a bit confusing, I'll need more time to get used to it.

If I decide to enter the competition, would there be someone willing to 'do the honours' and set up the next one for me? In the unlikely case that I won of course!

Apart from being (naturally) blonde, I am partially sighted which means reading (instructions on 'how to' and anything else) is a time consuming process, and my eyes get tired quickly, so I have to limit my 'screen time.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on July 07, 2011, 11:08:34 AM

I've just returned from a 'family and friends' visit to Holland, and hope to get more involved, once I manage to get all the pictures I took sorted. Still find the site a bit confusing, I'll need more time to get used to it.

If I decide to enter the competition, would there be someone willing to 'do the honours' and set up the next one for me? In the unlikely case that I won of course!

Apart from being (naturally) blonde, I am partially sighted which means reading (instructions on 'how to' and anything else) is a time consuming process, and my eyes get tired quickly, so I have to limit my 'screen time.'

No problem as plenty of people on here will step in if required.  :tup:

Hope you had a great time?  ;D

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on July 07, 2011, 11:45:23 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on July 07, 2011, 11:08:34 AM

No problem as plenty of people on here will step in if required.  :tup:

Hope you had a great time?  ;D

Thanks Oldboy. To be honest, I had not expected a negative reply, as I have found 'you lot' (Sounds awful, but meant in the most appreciative way!) a friendly bunch. I do not want to enter anything though, before I'm sure people know, I need help if/when I win.

And yes, I had a good holiday; saw plenty of friends, relatives and scenery. Weather was very changeable, but that is to be expected these days, when summer comes too early and returns only after the school holidays.

I took my brand new bridge camera (Sony DSC-HX100V) and went really over the top, trying out all sorts of things. Came home with just under 1100 photos! It'll take me weeks to sort everything out!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Markulous

Congrats to Guy for his Cricket, winning the "Green" competition!  :)
An excellent shot and interpretation of Green!  :tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.