• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 262
  • Total: 262
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekly Comp. 24th to 30th October: SHAKESPEARE - CHAT

Started by Delamanda, October 23, 2011, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on October 30, 2011, 09:48:30 AM
And there was me down by the Globe Theatre yesterday and not a Shakesperian character in site, only a load of tourists! :doh:

Did Shakespeare write a line about the future or time travel  :tup: W ith two entries so far this week it seems a half empty stage  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Sarasocke

I do have something in mind - I just have to go and take the picture ...
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Quote from: beauxreflets on October 30, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
And there was me down by the Globe Theatre yesterday and not a Shakesperian character in site, only a load of tourists! :doh:

Did Shakespeare write a line about the future or time travel  :tup: W ith two entries so far this week it seems a half empty stage  ;)

Fear not, an entry will be forthcoming from me, but not posted until Monday - busy today winterising the house and garden.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Alan,
A shot of (part) of the theatre should do it, surely?

(or actually anything else to do with Shakespeare!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

stevebedder

Just added my shot to the entries thread...

"Off with his head..."

I've been looking for an excuse to do a Slinkachu type shot for a while and I'm quite pleased with this one. A little different, but hopefully fun.

Good luck all

:tup:

Reinardina

I see I'll have to get myself better acquainted with Shakespeare, if only to get a wider choice in possible competition entries next time round!
Some wonderful shots!

Hinfrance

OK, I have put an entry in, but it not what I was hoping for. It is in fact one of the proof of concept shots that I took earlier in the week. I was going to take the 'real' entry picture yesterday evening, but the lighting relay in my daughter's bedroom decided to a) stop working, b) start howling, and c) begin to overheat to the point that I had to spend a while removing the covering panel and bypass it before it set the house on fire.

Still, never mind, we've got Halloween jelly for tea tonight  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Well can you believe it, a new camera and I've not taken a proper photo with it yet  :(

I spent the last four days landscaping the garden, replanting, weeding, moving large and small shrubs and generally doing manual labour.  Which as a soft bloke who spends most of his day sat behind a laptop at proper work I was bl**dy knackered at the end of each day, in fact I only had enough energy at the end of the  day to open a beer  :beer:

What I'm trying to make an excuse for is that I haven't got an entry in this week but hopefully next weekend I will have a little more time.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

Quote from: michaelb104 on October 31, 2011, 03:03:12 PM
I was bl**dy knackered at the end of each day, in fact I only had enough energy at the end of the  day to open a beer  :beer:

You mean the wife didn't open the can for you!!!!  :o  :P

Sarasocke

Well, I managed to et my shot yesterday. Probably a bit obvious, but I'd bought the rose with the intention of comparing the macro skills of my D700 versus the D80. I've not done that yet, but waste not want not  :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

It's been a busy couple of weeks at work and with the computer acting up (keeps on freezing!) I thought I may not get a shot in again, although I had this idea all week but had to wait for Sunday and hope it wasn't pouring with rain!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on October 31, 2011, 04:30:26 PM
Quote from: michaelb104 on October 31, 2011, 03:03:12 PM
I was bl**dy knackered at the end of each day, in fact I only had enough energy at the end of the  day to open a beer  :beer:

You mean the wife didn't open the can for you!!!!  :o  :P

That's exactly what I was thinking!

But I know the feeling, after a day of hard manual labour! I suffer every Wednesday, when I've been 'rangering.' Lopping, sawing, dragging (small) trees to the bonfire, digging ditches, coppicing, you name it, we do it. And we don't even have a garden at home, so I hardly have any experience (or muscle for that matter, though that is slowly improving). But I thoroughly enjoy it! Nice, healthy, hard work in the fresh air, rain or shine. We, volunteer rangers, don't stay at home when the weather is foul, or too hot!

As I said earlier, some great entries in the competition. Will be difficult to make up my mind.

Mike we are expecting winning shots from you, with that new camera.
But not for the Halloween competition though, that one I am going to win! (Who volunteers to set up the threads and poll?)

Actually, I have been out and about today to get the shots in for the Halloween thingy. So far quite pleased.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on October 31, 2011, 09:31:38 PM

Actually, I have been out and about today to get the shots in for the Halloween thingy. So far quite pleased.

I was out afternoon to get some shots for Halloween but wasn't too good. Went out tonight down town and couldn't believe how warm it was.  :D

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on October 31, 2011, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on October 31, 2011, 09:31:38 PM

I was out afternoon to get some shots for Halloween but wasn't too good. Went out tonight down town and couldn't believe how warm it was.  :D

Went to our local Voctorian cemetery; plenty of atmospheric spots. I've got one photo in about ten different hues. Can't make up my mind what to do!

(Suppose this post should really be under the Halloween chats!)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 31, 2011, 02:17:37 PM
OK, I have put an entry in, but it not what I was hoping for. It is in fact one of the proof of concept shots that I took earlier in the week. I was going to take the 'real' entry picture yesterday evening, but the lighting relay in my daughter's bedroom decided to a) stop working, b) start howling, and c) begin to overheat to the point that I had to spend a while removing the covering panel and bypass it before it set the house on fire.

Still, never mind, we've got Halloween jelly for tea tonight  :tup:

Well you must be surprised then Howard  ;)  Does your daughter's room have a tiled floor to such a complementary fashion ? :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.