• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 42
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Well done Jinky. The buzz you get from winning is better that the prizes.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Brilliant Paul. Very well done indeed. Not too sure about prawns with chorizo, but that's just me!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on December 16, 2020, 10:55:47 PM
Well done Jinky. The buzz you get from winning is better that the prizes.  :tup:

Well it`s certainly better than the prize I`m getting for my family shot!  :2funny:

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 17, 2020, 06:35:51 AM
Brilliant Paul. Very well done indeed. Not too sure about prawns with chorizo, but that's just me!
Perfect match. What surprised me was the sherry. I`ve not drank it since I was a ki when you would sneak anything alcoholic. Probably much better stuff than the old Bristol Cream my parents always had in the cupboard but the fino sherry I used was surprisingly drinkable.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 17, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
What surprised me was the sherry. I`ve not drank it since I was a ki when you would sneak anything alcoholic. Probably much better stuff than the old Bristol Cream my parents always had in the cupboard but the fino sherry I used was surprisingly drinkable.

It's a sign of old age when you start to enjoy Sherry!  :yikes:

jinky

Jediboy

My wife loves a drop of sherry. Not for me.
And I love prawns and chorizo. Works for me.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Actually yesterday - finished work until next year! :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Always good Mark.
I`ve just had the local paper photographer with us getting a shot of me and the grandchildren with my prize of a piece of artwork by Graeme Bandeira. He is freelance but does work for the Yorkshire Evening Post too. he`s just won national Political Cartoon of the Year award for a shot of Boris. I entered on the theme of "Home is Where the Heart Is" which wanted a family shot to show us what we were missing in covid times. This shot was one of a series I tried using shutter delay and trying to get all 6 of us looking in camera and smiling at once. Failed every time so told everyone to ham it up for one last pose. Should have had my youngest daughter in too but she`d gone to bed nursing a New year`s Eve hangover and is glad she missed it after seeing the prize.
So he turned this:

into this:

Officially I`m not supposed to share until it`s been in press on Monday -as if it`s a scoop :2funny:! Thought here was harmless enough. the family hate it. I think it`s quite funny but that I come off the worst. Could be next years Christmas card  :D Odd that my 1 year old grandson is bigger than my 3 year old granddaughter and of course I`m so much more handsome than the cartoon implies.

anglefire

I think it's brilliant! Done a great job in my view!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on December 19, 2020, 07:14:01 PM
I think it's brilliant! Done a great job in my view!
As with all caricatures they're always better / funnier to look at when you're not the subject

Oldboy

Not many normal people have a cartoon of their family by a famous cartoonist.  :tup:

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on December 19, 2020, 08:42:29 PM
Not many normal people have a cartoon of their family by a famous cartoonist.  :tup:
You saying I'm not normal Oldboy :2funny:.
It's why I entered I liked the idea. The problem will be persuading others to have it on the wall. Next years Christmas card is sorted though if I can get away with it.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

StephenBatey

Definitely made me smile. Well done.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.