• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

One - weekly comp chat thread 11th - 17th June 2012

Started by jinky, June 10, 2012, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 14, 2012, 07:42:42 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 13, 2012, 10:42:24 PM
Is that the same hammer you use to keep hubby in line?  :P

No, even though the hammer is perfectly balanced, I prefer the simple wooden post. Much easier to get rid of afterwards; hammer it into the ground, burn it or simply put on the log pile!

Are you suggesting hubby is a vampire!  :o :o

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on June 14, 2012, 09:30:57 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 14, 2012, 07:42:42 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 13, 2012, 10:42:24 PM
Is that the same hammer you use to keep hubby in line?  :P

No, even though the hammer is perfectly balanced, I prefer the simple wooden post. Much easier to get rid of afterwards; hammer it into the ground, burn it or simply put on the log pile!

Are you suggesting hubby is a vampire!  :o :o

I would never admit that.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Weather is blowing a ****** in Bristol so afraid it is an indoor shot for me so i'm in with this.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Beaux Reflets

Not much time this week so in with a quick one! Euro

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beaux Reflets

Hinfrance

I've had an email from Paul. Unfortunately he has been called away on family business so won't be entering the comp this week. I'll be doing the poll for him on Monday too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

wotcars

Kerry Holt

do you have to put your photo in the entry thread as well as the entry gallery folder?

Beaux Reflets

Hi Kerry,
Entries must be in the entry thread ; it also makes it easier for who ever is doing the poll :)

Kerry Holt

Quote from: beauxreflets on June 17, 2012, 08:35:25 PM
Hi Kerry,
Entries must be in the entry thread ; it also makes it easier for who ever is doing the poll :)
Thanks for the reply Andy :D

Hinfrance

I'm amazed that no-one did 'one cornetto' - I was going to, but never quite got around to it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

It never crossed my mind H, I just chose something topical, and then tried to make it as interesting as possible with the light available, to capture the projected image on the paper background surface.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 19, 2012, 06:05:43 PM
I'm amazed that no-one did 'one cornetto' - I was going to, but never quite got around to it.

I like the 'quite' here. You mean you ate it before you could photograph it? A la Jinky?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 19, 2012, 06:05:43 PM

Err.....you need sunshine for that but we haven't had much lately!   :'(

Hinfrance

The divine Mrs H assured me that we had some of the icy confectionery in the freezer, but she was mistaken. Then it was Sunday and the shops were shut. I've bought some now, so if the chance to feature one comes up again I might - or I might just eat them all before that eventuality :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.