• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 185
  • Total: 185
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekly Comp. 24th to 30th October: SHAKESPEARE - CHAT

Started by Delamanda, October 23, 2011, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamanda

Chat Thread

This week's topic is "Shakespeare"

Anything that represents a quote, a play, a sonnet or actually anything else to do with Shakespeare!

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 24th October 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 30th October 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 31st October 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 1st November 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 5th October 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Beaux Reflets

Oh gees!! With my memory I will have to go looking through the bookshelves to fresh up  :-[ or google  :idea: 2B and other phrases  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Being Dutch, I did not get a thorough grounding in this particular subject. We 'did' 'Twelfth Night' which I found excruciatingly boring, and I never got beyond that.
I do know a lot of titles, plots and famous phrases of course (as my signature shows), so I might be able to do something with that. A bit busy at the moment though, so I'll see what I can, or cannot, come up with.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Well I have one shot in the bag that I may go with, unless another idea springs to mind.  :legit:

Hinfrance

I've hit the quotation sites looking for a) inspiration, and b) something I can actually do . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beaux Reflets

Just to get things going,

A phrase

An easy one to guess  ;)

(Not sure what is happening regarding my back injuries, off to see a dr. later today; so if things go quiet do not worry to much)

Reinardina

Kingdom and horse thingy?

Hope you'll be okay backwise! Good luck!

Reinardina.

Reinardina

Just entered mine and I'm not altogether happy with it. May change it, if/when I get a better shot at the same subject. (Saves having to hunt for quotes again!) Bit rushed off my feet at the moment.

This is my entry:

I won't let you guess, I'll tell you: "Put money in thy purse." (Iago, Othello, Act one. Oh the blessings of the Internet!)

Have a good weekend all of you!

Beaux Reflets

Yup, the first phrase when I Go-ogled was indeed - 'A horse!, a horse, my kingdom for a horse.' - and my daughters gold horse happened to be standing nearby.

And for those interested; Shot indoors in my 'under construction' studio area, ISO 64, f/7.1, 3 sec., using a couple of shields to cast the shadows and a single moving candle flame for the fire highlight.

(Thanks R, I have not been whisked off for surgery yet but the threat is there)

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on October 28, 2011, 04:07:33 PM
Yup, the first phrase when I Go-ogled was indeed - 'A horse!, a horse, my kingdom for a horse.' - and my daughters gold horse happened to be standing nearby.

And for those interested; Shot indoors in my 'under construction' studio area, ISO 64, f/7.1, 3 sec., using a couple of shields to cast the shadows and a single moving candle flame for the fire highlight.

If the surgery works, you shouldn't see it as a threat!
Good luck!

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on October 28, 2011, 08:00:43 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on October 28, 2011, 04:07:33 PM

If the surgery works, you shouldn't see it as a threat!
Good luck!

It is the 'If' bit that always worries me - but yes surgury may be the inevitable aspect  :-\

Back to the topic; I hope there will be a few more comp entries for this this weeks challenge.

Hinfrance

I have my idea all prepped, just need an opportunity. But I also have a rubbish back up plan.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 29, 2011, 11:34:47 AM
I have my idea all prepped, just need an opportunity. But I also have a rubbish back up plan.
Couldn't find any quotes for 'Rubbish!'  :D At least no quotes from the bard himself.

ABERS

And there was me down by the Globe Theatre yesterday and not a Shakesperian character in site, only a load of tourists! :doh:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.