• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat Thread Weekly Competition 30th June to 6th July - Subject USA

Started by Oldboy, June 28, 2014, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

As it will be American Independence day on Friday 4th July this weeks theme is anything USA.

The theme is open to interpretation, but the idea is any photo that represents or portrays the USA in anyway. No restrictions on PP.

This is the CHAT THREAD:

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 30rd June 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 6th July 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 7th July 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 8th July 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 12 July 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Modify message

Jediboy

I like the sound of this. Have a few ideas, just need to try and get them done. ????????????????????
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Andrew

If only we'd been doing this about 20 years ago - I would've been sorted. Ipswich was surrounded by American bases and visiting was fairly easy.

Now we only have a few and they're not exactly on the doorstep  >:(
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

donoreo

Reinardina

American (chain) store? Car? (Especially vintage ones with lots of chrome.), Coke? Technology? Facebook? 'Following?' 'Wild West' inspired things? Burger and fries?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Well they were pulling down our local McDonald's sign this weekend for "new branding" whatever that may be so last chance to take a pic of this, i have taken this a few times before for various projects etc:

Found this topic a bit constricting  so best i can come up with, last weekend was the local american car show and i had loads from that but before the dates.

Vintage McDonald's

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

spikeyjen

I thought about the McDonalds sign too, but we live 35 kms away from the nearest and didn't want to drive just for that (especially for a McDonalds sign!!). Nice PP work Jeff, especially the light ray.

A brief flash of an idea and an obedient partner!!

Remembering 9-11

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

I ended up in a cinema / retail complex early this morning and we went in  here for breakfast. I`d been shooting images for a project about the Tour de France in Yorkshire I am doing so had my camera with me. Suddenly thought - "oh the competition theme"  :uglystupid2:. Took a few shots and pout them together for this.

Jediboy

Only just managed to drag myself out of bed after three days on man flu. So I didn't get the photo I was hoping to get. Just processing a photo i got earlier and will post soon.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on July 06, 2014, 08:48:53 PM
Only just managed to drag myself out of bed after three days on man flu. So I didn't get the photo I was hoping to get. Just processing a photo i got earlier and will post soon.

Sorry to hear that and hope you are hale and hearty very soon.  :tup:

Jediboy

Thanks Oldboy. On the mend so should be back on feet soon.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.