• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

How About a Load of Bull Thread?

Started by ABERS, July 24, 2012, 08:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Over the past few days I've been watching a programme called Give Me the Monet, where budding and established artists, painters, sculptors, photographers et al, present their work to a panel of three art critics for possible inclusion in an exhibition at the Pall Mall Gallery in London.

Each applicant has to introduce his/her work to the panel to explain the thinking and motivation behind the piece they are presenting. Where the artist has been to art college or is studying for some art degree this seems to be no problem, the self taught have difficulties where this is required of them.

So what I propose just to get the old grey matter working how would you, as pretentiously as possible, present one of your image to such a panel of critics? It needn't be true, just bull it up!

I'll dib in first.

Steel and Concrete by abers, on Flickr

When I first came upon these shiny steel doors I was attracted to the symmetry of their placement within the fabric of the building and the dissimilarity between their smooth mirror-like surfaces and the gritty rough wall that they were connected to; a testament to the ingenuity of man in his ability to create such a divergence of textures.

The dark 'bleeds' from the shutters are resonant of the captivity of some animate organism within the confines of the building, imprisoned and suffering untold horrors of an unjust incarceration. An image that reflects the inhumanities that exist in a world where totalitarian oppressive regimes hold sway. The image is toned to reflect these sombre thoughts.
:-*

Or, It seemed like a good idea at the time!  :doh:

DigiDiva

Haha, thats absolutely brill b*llshit! Well done, will try this mayelsf......just need to pich the right image!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

bones615

You should be a politician, you just passed the entrance exam with flying colours.

ABERS

Quote from: bones615 on July 24, 2012, 02:23:33 PM
You should be a politician, you just passed the entrance exam with flying colours.

No chance I blush too easily!

Beryl

Well I won't be joining in . I don't  agree with swearing in web sites but then if this is not a family web site ..............Up to you

Not in my taste
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

donoreo

Quote from: Beryl on July 24, 2012, 08:34:26 PM
Well I won't be joining in . I don't  agree with swearing in web sites but then if this is not a family web site ..............Up to you

Not in my taste
I'll bite.  My sarcasm detector may be out of alignment. 

If that was not a joke, you missed the point.

ABERS

Not in my taste

Sorry if I offended you Beryl. I just thought a bit of poking fun at the more pretentious of the art world would lighten things up a bit. Not too sure I swore though. :-[

You can see Show Me the Monet on BBC2 I-player.

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on July 24, 2012, 10:45:17 PM

Not in my taste

Sorry if I offended you Beryl. I just thought a bit of poking fun at the more pretentious of the art world would lighten things up a bit. Not too sure I swore though. :-[

You can see Show Me the Monet on BBC2 I-player.

It's not a swearword as far as I'm aware, merely a little rude, shall we say. But then what do I know? I'm a Foreigner.

Maybe we can run a little competition to find another word?
May I suggest: Balderdash, piffle or maybe absurd nonsense?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Maybe 'Male Bovine Excrement' would fit the bill, or is that too much Bullsh*t?  :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on July 25, 2012, 07:57:43 AM
Maybe 'Male Bovine Excrement' would fit the bill, or is that too much Bullsh*t?  :legit:

An apt description, but a bit long. Not 'catchy' enough.

It is, however, very different from the 'norm,' so it may well catch on. Become the next big thing in advertising even.

I'm for it. You have my vote!

Jonathan

Do Private Eye still have Pseuds Corner?
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

Let's just shorten it to 'Bull' shall we?

Alan, you had no juxtapositions, no paradigms, no primal, no dichotomies to name but a few. The thought was there, but not enough buzz words for a first place :)

Although 10 out of 10 for 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 25, 2012, 10:11:46 AM
Let's just shorten it to 'Bull' shall we?

Alan, you had no juxtapositions, no paradigms, no primal, no dichotomies to name but a few. The thought was there, but not enough buzz words for a first place :)

Although 10 out of 10 for 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'

Howard, you're too clever by half! Apart from 'juxtaposition,' I hadn't heard, or read, those words for decades.

Beryl

Yes it is . The 'S' Word is a swear word.

But go ahead . I'm not bothered I just won't be joining in  :)
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Hinfrance

All right then, what about 'Pretentious? Moi?' :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.