• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Of interest? Maybe.

Started by kerbside, November 08, 2013, 11:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

Not a photo competition, or maybe it is, just intrigued in how it was done.

There is a HTDo if you go to the Huffington site.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=596057167128686&set=a.170419663025774.44889.143753582359049&type=1

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

You do wonder how ... not to mention why you`d have a milk dress on a bike. I`m guessing it`s layers in photoshop with one clean image and a thicker than milk liquid thrown over for a shot and then the standard work in PS but at a high level. No idea how otherwise.

Reinardina

My guess:

White latex stretched over model to 'fit.' Or sprayed on perhaps.

The 'run offs' on the leg are not liquid but solid.

Droplets added later in PS.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

I've not clicked on the link yet, but reading the responses on here I don't think I can resist any longer!  :o
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

The photographer has a blog explaining how he does this. Its' really milk, it's really messy and the models get soaked over and over again. He takes loads of shots of the milk bombs hitting the models and then spends days stitching them all together in photoshop, just a jinky guessed.

I' love to to try this, but the cow died and Mrs H doesn't want the mess all over the floor.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

kerbside

Howard, it is not the cow dying but getting a willing model and Jan has given it a big NO even for arts sake. :(

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

You'd have to pay a lot of money to the model, as I cannot imagine even the most dedicated wife putting up with this.
You'd also have to have access to a dairy, or a milk lake of pasteurised milk, as Elfin Safety would not allow you to use fresh milk.

I still don't understand how the 'run off' in the middle of the woman's left leg, seems to 'come away' from the leg, and even leaves a shadow.
Can you see this too, or are my eyes playing up again?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Just high skill photoshop work there R with good shadow etc. Must have taken an age or been a real expert and so many shots. Other than wonder I`m not sure whether the final image of milk and bike goes but as long as he got a sale I guess the time was worth it. At least he is getting recognition -- who took it?  :D

Andrew

Was gonna attend a workshop on how to do this back in the 5D2 day, but work cock up meant my day off got cancelled.
It was a 2 day course, day 1 throwing milk all over a ver patient model who was paid to put up with the constant make up, cold from being nude and having milk thrown at them which removed make up.
Day 2 was all about the processing which can be reduced to some actions that do the work once you've undertaken some lengthy prep work.
Something like that.

It would have been nice to attend so I could tick the box, but in reflection it's a picture style that soon wains once the secret of creation is out.
So I probably done ok not having gone and using the money for something else photographic...  :tup: :beer: 
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.