• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Monochrome - weekly comp theme 20-26th May 2013

Started by jinky, May 20, 2013, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Weekly competition 20th May to 26th May: MONOCHROME : CHAT

CHAT HERE PLEASE

This week's topic for the competition is...

MONOCHROME

Anything goes as long as the image is in monochrome or any single tone i.e. sepia images, bluetone etc are all permissible. Looking for diverse subjects that suit the treatment.

Absolutely no restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 20th May 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 26th May  2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 1st June 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 28st May 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 8th June 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Setting the Poll: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg37211;topicseen#new

Reinardina

You left the 'Let's have a look at the people around us,' in the brief. Are you specifically looking for people shots?
Or is it a slight oversight?

I love monochrome, so I hope I can shoot something/someone while on my break.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Now that suits me. I can play some more with my Topaz Black and White Effects. And get Aftershot Pro properly installed on my new machine, which I have finally got running after having to wait a week for a 99p connector to arrive
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Sorry Reinardina - sloppy cut and pasting  :-[ When you look at the entry thread title I am sorry to have to tell you that you only have until the 26th and not the 626th May either - oops! :uglystupid2:

Really anything goes - people, buildings , animals - just something great in mono.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 20, 2013, 05:52:47 PM
Sorry Reinardina - sloppy cut and pasting  :-[ When you look at the entry thread title I am sorry to have to tell you that you only have until the 26th and not the 626th May either - oops! :uglystupid2:

Really anything goes - people, buildings , animals - just something great in mono.

Does anyone know who wrote the original text for the competition?

It has done good service! Copied, pasted and edited over and over again.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2013, 06:17:28 PM

It could have been Shakespeare, it's been going that long!  :P :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 20, 2013, 08:05:46 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2013, 06:17:28 PM

It could have been Shakespeare, it's been going that long!  :P :legit:

You're betraying your age here, OLD boy!

DigiDiva

Talking of shakespeare, did you know that he caused a fight in his local pub and the  barman said "youre Barred........" *Taxi for DD.....*
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 20, 2013, 05:52:47 PM

I've got all three in several shots. My dilemma, for a change, is which one to choose.

michaelb104

With a busy weekend coming up I thought I'd best get in early.  Some Bluebells taken in the garden before the wind and rain arrived  :(

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Still in Winchester at the moment, but going home tomorrow, I thought I'd better make up my mind which one to enter, and decided on this one. Still haven't properly looked at all of them, let alone edited them.

I am in with: The Funeral Director.

Matthew

I'm in too, thanks Reinardina for pointing me toward this competition, I havent entered for a while  :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on May 24, 2013, 10:13:09 PM
I'm in too, thanks Reinardina for pointing me toward this competition, I havent entered for a while  :tup:

Glad you entered. It's a beautiful shot and you shouldn't really have to be reminded of the competition!!
Say hello to Tammy for me and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Matthew

Quote from: Reinardina on May 24, 2013, 10:29:31 PM
Quote from: highlandscenics on May 24, 2013, 10:13:09 PM

Glad you entered. It's a beautiful shot and you shouldn't really have to be reminded of the competition!!
Say hello to Tammy for me and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Yeah, I know.....Just that I have been so wrapped up in practicing with my new camera, I've let my commitments here slip a little............ :)
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.