• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 175
  • Total: 175
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT Thread for the weekly competition 'DOWN MY WAY,' from 23 till 29 Sept 2013

Started by Reinardina, September 21, 2013, 09:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

CHAT thread for the 'Down my Way' weekly competition, from 23 September till 29 September.

With Jinky away on holiday, I act as his stand in.

The theme Jinky chose for this week's competition is  "Down my Way," just a shot of your local surroundings / location, with no restrictions on pp.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 23rd September to 23:59pm Sunday 29th September 2013.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 30th September 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 1st October.

Winner to be announced Saturday 5th October

The Rules for the weekly competition are:-

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

I think Franklin Engelmann is dust now and it was called 'Down Your Way'.  :o

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on September 21, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
I think Franklin Engelmann is dust now and it was called 'Down Your Way'.  :o

I had to google him, as he was a bit before my time. In England.

That was indeed 'Down Your Way,' but we are now asked to go 'Down My Way.'
But, to save us any problems (not sure I could accommodate all of you 'down my way'), he stipulates a 'shot  of your local surroundings.'

SimonW

This topic would have been right up my street as they say, although I usually think of home as "up here". Sadly I anticipate being far too overloaded with other work next week, and probably for the following two or three as well. I expect it'll attract a large entry though. Nice one.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Thanks for doing the honours for me Reinardina and thanks for all those votes. Currently 3.30 am where I am and cannot sleep with prospect of a 5am game drive in search of a black rhino. On a game reserve in Addo Elephant Park and have so many shots of lions, kudu, elephants, penguins and the like I should be able to come up with an exotic down my way shot if time to post when I get back Sunday. Great fun!

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on September 24, 2013, 02:38:00 AM
Thanks for doing the honours for me Reinardina and thanks for all those votes. Currently 3.30 am where I am and cannot sleep with prospect of a 5am game drive in search of a black rhino. On a game reserve in Addo Elephant Park and have so many shots of lions, kudu, elephants, penguins and the like I should be able to come up with an exotic down my way shot if time to post when I get back Sunday. Great fun!

No problem Paul.

Looking forward to your wildlife shots.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Reinardina

Not a single entry yet!

I took some on Friday and yesterday, haven't quite made up my mind, which one to enter; narrowed it down to three.
It won't be a chocolate box image, even though I also took some nice ones in that genre.

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on September 29, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

It won't be a chocolate box image, even though I also took some nice ones in that genre.

Nor a Picture Postcard one?  :tup:

Been out taking some images that I've been meaning to take for ages, before the light gets too low in the sky, but none that fits the brief, so no entry from me this week.

Hinfrance

Nothing from me either - too busy and no right lighting on the odd occasion I have been able to get out and about for a few minutes.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Still today to go for a shot

Flat light can be fun

Raining here but I will see if I can find a shot from some how

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on September 29, 2013, 08:07:33 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 29, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

Nor a Picture Postcard one?  :tup:

Been out taking some images that I've been meaning to take for ages, before the light gets too low in the sky, but none that fits the brief, so no entry from me this week.

Maybe a corporate picture post card.
It was taken in my locality, but it is not typical of my locality, so I may be stretching the boundaries a bit. And to be honest, it is not one that will attract a lot of votes! I'm sure one of the other three would fare better, but hey ho, winning isn't everything.

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

kerbside

Well, went out today and took a few pics but just one of those days when nothing worked, totally bland pics so think I'm not in this week, nothing to offer.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on September 29, 2013, 06:34:07 PM
Well, went out today and took a few pics but just one of those days when nothing worked, totally bland pics so think I'm not in this week, nothing to offer.

The weather is rather bland up here, so not a good day for photos, suppose it's the same down your way.
But can't you somehow 'unbland' them?

I have quite a few shots that would do, one of which is this one:

Vintage Southampton

But I decided to be different, and am prepared to go with nul points, just for the sheer hell of it.

I have just entered this:

KFC

kerbside

After Reinardina telling me off for not going to enter this week I will be in with this NO vote chocolate Box picture taken at a nearby lake.
Canadian Geese

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.