• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 274
  • Total: 274
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Hello again CC

Started by irv_b, November 05, 2014, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

Hello CC people
How are you all? I was pleased to be given a little nudge by Rei and over the last couple of weeks have been catching up with the site, skimming over the topics and enjoying your great photos. For a couple of you guys who have started since I left, I was fairly active on the site till I was gripped by the film side of photography rather than digital and moved over to freqent a couple of film forums. It's nice to see there are a lot of you guys still here and I from what I see the site is as active most others, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there.  I shall get round to posting shots soon (film only as I haven't shot digi), as work is crazy busy at the moment  but I thought I'd best dip my toe back in and say hi.
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Good to see you here again Irv. I know you're into film these days, but can't you scan the occasional image?

The activity on the site goes up and down; days can go by when nothing is happening, and then things brighten up again.
But, as you say, that seems to happen to most of the sites these days.

With the 'random gallery,' I have seen quite a few of the images of the 'older' (as in 'from the olden days') members, and they are often very different from a lot of the newer images. I like the mix of the old and the new, and wished a few more of the 'oldies' would occasionally (or better still, regularly) pop in.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Hello Irv, what a pleasant surprise! Been seeing your past photos, and enjoying them I might add, and got to wondering how the film adventure was going. As Reinardina says the new front page set up stirs many memories of the old gang that frequented the galleries on here. Always looked to see who you were going to present to us on your 'Strangers' project, I well remember the motorcyclist dispatch/courier, great image.

Let's hope you let us see some of your recent work and perhaps a few lines on how you moved to film and what it was like.

All the best Abers (Alan)

Oldboy

Great to have you back again. If work is crazy busy at the moment then that is good news.  :tup:
Just a shame you've gone over to the dark side!!!  :P  ;D

Hinfrance

Hi Irv, lovely to see you back. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

Welcome back Irv.

Great suggestion from Alan there re your journey into film.
I have also dabbled with film this past year or so and have found it an enjoyable and bumpy ride.
Have managed to break 2 cameras and my success rate from a 36 roll of film is still only around 20-25%  usable shots :doh: :doh:
Need to spend my time with it.
Hope to see more of your work soon. :tup:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

krennon

Hey Irv goo to see you back fella been dipping in and out of cc myself due to crazy manic personal life at the mo but it's all good, be good to meet up for a shoot again but not sure if I am going to be around much at the mo (if you've still got my number send me a text or pm me on here)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

irv_b

Oops forgot to sign out!
Thanks everyone for the warm greetings  :)

Alan as for you suggestion, when I get my feet back under the table, I'll tell you all of my highs and lows in the past couple of years.

Oldboy, it's only really the dark side when you are in the darkroom and then it's still a tinge of red  ;D

H, it's good to see you're still about, how is it in sunny France?

Hi Alf! You broken 2 cameras  :o that's some going! I'll tell you when I first started my hit rate was less than that but the ones I do get make it worthwhile.

Keith I'll text you and maybe we'll sort a get together,
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Mick

Irv, great to see you over here again, welcome back. You're always welcome here, so keep popping in.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.