• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 68
  • Total: 68
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 31, 2014, 09:24:31 PM
Quote from: jinky on May 31, 2014, 09:09:41 PM
I was very good today. I went into town with half a mind to buy a Fuji XE2 on the last day of the free lens offer. I had said I`d be waiting for Xt1 prices to go down later in the year  or even wait until I stop shooting weddings next March before buying an XT1. the only problem was this free lens offer. I tried them in a quality photographic shop in Leeds who told me the XT1 was better (as I knew) but said if I was smart I`d buy the XE2 with the lens offer and get an xt1 as well next year and shoot weddings with those. I went away to think and count to 10 when where should I pass but Jessops. I went in thinking that if I could get them to drop their price by £100 and match Clifton Cameras I`d bite for the XE2. After a long call to the regional manager they agreed - if I bought something else like insurance etc. Thanks for making my mind up I said and prepared to walk out - oh OK then they said - that price but we cannot supply until Tuesday but will give you a receipt dated today for the free lens offer. Again I said I`ll get a coffee and think .....What did I do to make me feel good? I managed to walk away. Even my wife was surprised to see no Jessops bag by my side when I met her for coffee having siad I`d be buying. Quite proud of myself... but when than XT2 comes out and they offer XT1s with free lenses or such I `m not saying I`ll manage it again  ;)

Strange, but I also went into Jessops on Thursday and had a look around and noticed they had a Manfrotto 393 long lens bracket priced at £129. Like Jinky I walked out of Jessops except I had a bag with Manfrotto 393 long lens bracket in it.  :-*

Here speaks a man with plenty of disposable income.
Or one that can't resist a bargain. Did you really need that bracket?   :legit:

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

I'm still very very very happy after Saints won the premiership final yesterday. I was so happy I nearly cried. Best day of my life!! ???? :beer:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Quote from: Reinardina on June 01, 2014, 08:58:52 AM

Strange, but I also went into Jessops on Thursday and had a look around and noticed they had a Manfrotto 393 long lens bracket priced at £129. Like Jinky I walked out of Jessops except I had a bag with Manfrotto 393 long lens bracket in it.  :-*

Of course he does!  He would not have purchased it otherwise  ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on June 01, 2014, 02:52:56 PM

Of course he does!  He would not have purchased it otherwise  ;)

I know plenty of people who cannot resist a bargain. For years, I have been trying to wean myself off this habit!

Quote from: Jediboy on June 01, 2014, 12:04:23 PM
I'm still very very very happy after Saints won the premiership final yesterday. I was so happy I nearly cried. Best day of my life!! ???? :beer:

Best day of your life, so far, I hope!

Pity it was too early for the next competition. (Don't forget to put the chat and entry threads up, in your happiness!)

Oldboy

Yes, need it for my 400mm F2.8 which weights 6kg.  8)

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on June 01, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

Yes, need it for my 400mm F2.8 which weights 6kg.  8)

I suppose that is indeed a bit heavy for a Duck.

kerbside

Quote from: Jediboy on June 01, 2014, 12:04:23 PM

Chris, don't worry you will get over it, tiz only football after all ;)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Jediboy

Rugby Jeff. Northampton Saints rugby. Don't really do football.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on June 01, 2014, 10:48:23 PM

Err.....It's still football!  :D

Football refers to a number of sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". Unqualified, the word football applies to whichever form of football is the most popular in the regional context in which the word appears, including association football, as well as American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union and other related games. These variations of football are known as football codes.

kerbside

Sorry Chris, I will let you off that one then, Football, Meh!

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

Checked into our Bilbao hotel with another couple with my Sunderland supporter mate and he wont pose for a photo. Just because the colour scheme is totally black and white stripes. :2funny:

Graham

Quote from: jinky on June 03, 2014, 10:55:11 PM
Checked into our Bilbao hotel with another couple with my Sunderland supporter mate and he wont pose for a photo. Just because the colour scheme is totally black and white stripes. :2funny:

Less generous folk than I would suggest that you planned it that way!  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Funny, Southampton Saints play football. (As in soccer.)

krennon

WMMFGT well for those of you that know me you will know I have been quiet and absent for some time on here due to my wife and I going through the adoption process..Well we went  to approval panel today and got a unanimous yes from the panel...so wowsers chuffed to bits over the moon and now on the come down from all the nerves, anxiety and adrenaline that has been pumping through our veins.  :2funny: :dance: We now start the matching process and will be chasing the social worker very shortly on a potential match we have found of 2 girls (the other sibling group  of 3 we were interested in fell through)...Will probably still be absent for a while but will try to pop in now and then  :D
Keith
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Quote from: krennon on June 04, 2014, 04:43:43 PM
WMMFGT well for those of you that know me you will know I have been quiet and absent for some time on here due to my wife and I going through the adoption process..Well we went  to approval panel today and got a unanimous yes from the panel...so wowsers chuffed to bits over the moon and now on the come down from all the nerves, anxiety and adrenaline that has been pumping through our veins.  :2funny: :dance: We now start the matching process and will be chasing the social worker very shortly on a potential match we have found of 2 girls (the other sibling group  of 3 we were interested in fell through)...Will probably still be absent for a while but will try to pop in now and then  :D
Keith

At last! That's wonderful news. Congratulations and good luck with the chasing. Hope you'll find the right kids, to make a happy family.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.