• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
  • Baidu
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripod

My Grandson Harry...........Two and a half and chatting with me, makes me feel good today.

Andrew

Well done on getting the shoot Graham.
We've all used a greasy rung on a ladder at some point - yours is unfortunately part of the 'fringe comedian set'.
I hope you don't find him funny - otherwise there could be a fair bit of camera shake in those shots  :-X
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Graham

Quote from: Andrew on March 04, 2014, 04:15:45 PM
Well done on getting the shoot Graham.
We've all used a greasy rung on a ladder at some point - yours is unfortunately part of the 'fringe comedian set'.
I hope you don't find him funny - otherwise there could be a fair bit of camera shake in those shots  :-X

I don't know whether I'm going to find him funny or not. I do find him "Interesting" but like most people I only know of him what I read in the newspapers and from his "controversial" behavior.
  When he gets the chance to speak up for himself I find him refreshingly honest.

Another"Fringe" comedian I photographed recently was Stuart Lee, the unfunny comedian a lot of other comedians claim to hate.
  I found him disarmingly charming, he couldn't understand why I wanted to photograph him performing, "I don't do anything!" he said and wanted to put his suit on and be photographed on stage before the audience were admitted. I said it was all about facial expression and body language and would he prefer me to photograph from the wings (See, I'm getting all theatrical already!) he agreed to this and I think I got one of the best sets so far.

He's since been in touch and licensed a few to use for posters and so on.  :)

PS  Sorry about the watermark thing, It's not my style but i've linked them from my Fickr page....Loads more performance stuff there if your interested.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

In relation to that last pic Graham - I'm puzzled that the audience isn't point towards you shouting "he's behind you"  :D

And will pop over to see your Flickr stuff, now i have an account again!
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Graham

Quote from: Andrew on March 05, 2014, 12:36:43 PM
In relation to that last pic Graham - I'm puzzled that the audience isn't point towards you shouting "he's behind you"  :D

And will pop over to see your Flickr stuff, now i have an account again!

It's not for nothing that the lighting crew refer to me as "The Ninja Photographer"!  :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on March 05, 2014, 12:51:40 PM
  It's not for nothing that the lighting crew refer to me as "The Ninja Photographer"!  :tup:

The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations. Does this mean after you photograph them their careers are finished.  :P

Love the fourth photo, it's a cracking shot.  :tup:

Reinardina

Posters eh?
You're definitely going places!

Keep up the good work.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Great photos Graham. Good work.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

My wife is down in Nun eaton with her poorly mum and I am up in Leeds with some work meets re: weddings and finally getting around to editing my Cuba pics. What would we do without images to remember our happy times by? Anyone interested can look at my first blog on Havana here:
http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/cruising-cuba.html?spref=fb

Graham

Quote from: jinky on March 07, 2014, 11:51:32 AM
My wife is down in Nun eaton with her poorly mum and I am up in Leeds with some work meets re: weddings and finally getting around to editing my Cuba pics. What would we do without images to remember our happy times by? Anyone interested can look at my first blog on Havana here:
http://photographybypauldishman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/cruising-cuba.html?spref=fb

That's a seriously good set of pics, and I dare say it took a bit of courage to take some of them.
  Favorite for me? The red "Ferrari" with the party girls.

Havana good time!....................................See what I did there?  :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Cheers Graham. I`ve got hundreds of them  :). My best experience ever of responses on street photography. Loads of smiles / involvement / initial risk taking until I realised how completely safe I was in Havana. I avoided the paid for posing brigade of older flower girls with plastic flowers and tried to get what was going on around me. Often went out with the wrong lens but wonderful experience. If anyone wants to go to Havana - go now. It will change soon with the tourism industry building/ improved links to EEC and other countries and trade. Just hope they don`t let the Americans in to run it all as it is charming. Funniest moment was when I was doing the night time panning pics of the cars and ferrari girls. Old toothless woman with a handbag comes up, smiles and says" Photo?" I had no money on me so said no thanks. She backs off, dons a hat from her bag and says again "Photo?". No money I say. Goes off into her back and brings out a massive cuban cigar and smiles her toothy grin with hat and bag and says again "Photo?". Laughing too much to take the photo so gave her a coupe of pens and some soap which she accepted with gratitude throwing her best pose before limping off. I didn`t feel entitled to take her shot without giving money so missed it - so many missd photos seen through car windows and in wrong place with wrong lens / camera and yet still 1200 to work on after initial deletions  :D

donoreo

Cuba is a very popular destination for Canadians.  I have never been myself but I know many who have been there.  On the upside, no Americans ;) 

jinky

There are a few. They can get there via a 3rd country and some joined this Cuba cruise in Montego Bay in Jamaica which the ship visited at one point for lack of an accessible port in Cuba on that day. Managed to get a family of 3 Americans playing against me on my own in a poorly attended music quiz at sea. Talk about cheating - they were given numerous clues to questions I`d already got and I still beat them by one but they marked my paper as one less than actual. As I`d been keeping score I mounted a challenge as the tiebreaker was announced and they conceded they couldn`t count. My wife told me not to be so pathetic but I did win my mojito fairly! If the Americans go to Cuba without permission / buy souvenirs and are caught they can get into big trouble but there are legitimate means of doing cultural visits etc for them. The Canadians accounted for 2/3 of the 340 or so people on the boat and were everywhere but I agree much better than being around Americans as I`ve spent a coupe of holidays on East and west coast of Canada / visited Canadian cousin in Windsor.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 07, 2014, 11:51:32 AM

Cracking series of shots.  :tup: If you love old pre 1950's American cars then it's the best place to see them.  :D

Jediboy

Great photos.
Looks like a fascinating place. And the cars are cool. ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.