• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 15, 2013, 03:15:14 PM
For all you trying to lose weight or dieting, I've had it confirmed categorically today that I've lost a stone over two weeks. No dieting, no special excercising and no special gimmicks. Yes a whole stone!! 8)

It doesn't count when you cut one of your legs off!!!!  :P :dance:

Well done.  :tup:

Matthew

Quote from: ABERS on August 15, 2013, 03:15:14 PM
For all you trying to lose weight or dieting, I've had it confirmed categorically today that I've lost a stone over two weeks. No dieting, no special excercising and no special gimmicks. Yes a whole stone!! 8)

I feel over the moon and as fit as a fiddle.

Oh and by the way the Kidney isn't giving me any gyp anymore. ;) :tup:

The wife is on a health kick and I have been dragged into it.....nowt drastic, just common sense stuff like cutting out the snacks and cutting down on the beer.....Must admit, years of being behind the wheel and lazy, unhealthy food choices put the weight on, but I have lost half a stone and I hope it goes further. Had a health scare a couple of years ago....won't go into detail, but I was in the coronary care unit, then on ward for 3 days a couple of years back and I was only 31 then.....and with our family history of heart disease, I'm glad Tammy is giving me the kick up the backside I need.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

donoreo

I have begun to change some eating habits, just to be healthier and to drop some weight.  To save me googling, how much is a stone?  I can do pounds or kilograms, but I think the UK is the only place that uses stones for weight. 

Reinardina

AlBERS lost a different kind of stone, but the best 'diet' that is sustainable, and really works, is indeed a simple one.
Three healthy meals a day, normal single portions; no 'in betweens,' and no alcohol. Try this for three months and see where it gets you.
Then you can re-introduce occasional moderate drinking.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

"To save me googling, how much is a stone?  I can do pounds or kilograms, but I think the UK is the only place that uses stones for weight." 

A stone is 14 lbs. 8 stone is 1cwt, 20 cwts is a ton.

1 dozen eggs at tuppence halfpenny each = 2 shillings and sixpence.

2 quarts of milk at one and a halfpence a pint = 6 pence.

2 boxes of matches at one pence farthing a box = Twopence halfpenny.

3 gallons of parafin at one and threepence halfpenny a gallon = Three shillings and ninepence halfpenny.

18 inches of ribbon at six pence halfpenny a yard = threepence farthing.

4 ounces of tea at one and six a pound = fourpence halfpenny.

A typical mental arithmetic exercise carried out every morning  at primary our school back in the forties.  We might not have ended up brain surgeons or rocket scientists, but we never got diddled when Mum sent us down the shop to get some odds and ends.

Ah! it was all so simple then, none of these new fangled cms, litres, hectares, kilometres, centigrade and the like. ;)

spikeyjen

chuckling about the cms, kms etc (it's so much easier as everything is in 10 and 100s)

I'm chuffed today, our camera club exhibition has had over 500 visitors in a week (we are a little country town with just 9000 population.)

alexharrison101

Our 20 week scan revealed a healthy happy active little boy :) so that should keep a big smile on my face for a few days lol...!
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

Jediboy

Quote from: alexharrison101 on August 16, 2013, 11:34:08 AM
Our 20 week scan revealed a healthy happy active little boy :) so that should keep a big smile on my face for a few days lol...!

That is something to make you happy.  :)
Great news.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

My studio lighting kit arrived in the post. Had a play, lots to learn but so far really pleased.   :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: alexharrison101 on August 16, 2013, 11:34:08 AM

A bit longer than a few days, I hope!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

alexharrison101

EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2013, 07:52:13 AM

"To save me googling, how much is a stone?  I can do pounds or kilograms, but I think the UK is the only place that uses stones for weight." 

A stone is 14 lbs. 8 stone is 1cwt, 20 cwts is a ton.

1 dozen eggs at tuppence halfpenny each = 2 shillings and sixpence.

2 quarts of milk at one and a halfpence a pint = 6 pence.

2 boxes of matches at one pence farthing a box = Twopence halfpenny.

3 gallons of parafin at one and threepence halfpenny a gallon = Three shillings and ninepence halfpenny.

18 inches of ribbon at six pence halfpenny a yard = threepence farthing.

4 ounces of tea at one and six a pound = fourpence halfpenny.

A typical mental arithmetic exercise carried out every morning  at primary our school back in the forties.  We might not have ended up brain surgeons or rocket scientists, but we never got diddled when Mum sent us down the shop to get some odds and ends.

Ah! it was all so simple then, none of these new fangled cms, litres, hectares, kilometres, centigrade and the like. ;)
My god that is horrendous, but a lot of that is money.  SI is so much easier with everything being 10's.  No odd numbers of something make another something like how many yards (which is 3 feet) to a mile.   What is a cwt? 

ABERS

CWT stands for a Hundredweight.

Coal was delivered in Cwt sacks and it was my responsibility to count how many sacks the coalman delivered, since it was nigh impossible to tell how much coal there was when it was in just a pile in the coal hole! :-\

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2013, 03:39:56 PM
CWT stands for a Hundredweight.

Coal was delivered in Cwt sacks and it was my responsibility to count how many sacks the coalman delivered, since it was nigh impossible to tell how much coal there was when it was in just a pile in the coal hole! :-\
Never heard of hundredweight.  Coal hole.  Hee hee, that sounds dirty (not in the actual dirt way either ;) ).

michaelb104

Just finished work for two weeks - woo hoo!!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.