• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78
  • Baidu (2)
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: DigiDiva on July 30, 2013, 09:32:30 PM
Quote from: spinner on July 10, 2013, 01:16:21 PM
A happy set of coincidences, for me anyway. I picked up a used MacPro for a reasonable price. It had been formatted and a fresh install of OSX Lion put on it. Got discounted version of Lightroom 4 because 5 has come out and.....Apparently it's the App Store's 5th anniversary. For any Mac people here, they're giving away a bunch of apps. I just downloaded a trio of apps from ACDSee. :dance:

I got a cracking deal on an old mac pro a year and a half ago but it has an old processor and I can't download anything. It has full photoshop CS5 but its a lot better than the pants netbook I had before...

Today was my 1st proper trip out with my new kit..whoop

How old is it? Mine came with Lion installed. I've just bought Elements 11 and Lightroom 4 and both work great.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

I`ve just had an email to say that Monarch Airlines Facebook comp have shortlisted not 1 but 2 of my entries - one of the Bridge of Sighs and another of Spices in Side market. They`ll be published with my mugshot in Septembers issue of Passport magazine so prepare for a nasty shock if flying with them! I`ll find out tomorrow if I win but not that hopeful as apart from an explosion of spices colour not a great deal going for it I would have said but you never know. Not entered any comps i the last few months as they all seem to be voted for in social media comps that show who has most contacts rather than best image so nice surprise.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on August 06, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
I`ve just had an email to say that Monarch Airlines Facebook comp have shortlisted not 1 but 2 of my entries - one of the Bridge of Sighs and another of Spices in Side market. They`ll be published with my mugshot in Septembers issue of Passport magazine so prepare for a nasty shock if flying with them! I`ll find out tomorrow if I win but not that hopeful as apart from an explosion of spices colour not a great deal going for it I would have said but you never know. Not entered any comps i the last few months as they all seem to be voted for in social media comps that show who has most contacts rather than best image so nice surprise.

Well done and good luck Paul  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

jinky

Just got the email - came 2nd.  :( Amazing isn`t it - when they told me I had two shortlisted I thought "they`ll never win" and now I am disappointed! You could put as many as you wanted in and I submitted 9. Having looked at them again I thought at least 5 of them were better than the 2 shortlisted. Just goes to show you never know what they are looking for. Some nice words from the guy in charge though who wants to see other pictures and asked for links. Got cheeky and started saying I`d happily do some travel photography for them on a paid or trade for flights / accommodation basis - you never know. It`s worked for me before. ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on August 06, 2013, 10:42:42 PM
Just got the email - came 2nd.  :( Amazing isn`t it - when they told me I had two shortlisted I thought "they`ll never win" and now I am disappointed! You could put as many as you wanted in and I submitted 9. Having looked at them again I thought at least 5 of them were better than the 2 shortlisted. Just goes to show you never know what they are looking for. Some nice words from the guy in charge though who wants to see other pictures and asked for links. Got cheeky and started saying I`d happily do some travel photography for them on a paid or trade for flights / accommodation basis - you never know. It`s worked for me before. ;)

Congratulations. They probably got thousands, so second ain't alf bad!
Hope they take you up on your offer!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

I did not go to work today.  In fact I even deleted my work email account from my phone.   On vacation at the family cottage for at least a week and then I am not sure.  My wife starts a new job that we are very excited about on my last day of vacation. 

In photo news, I have lots of scenery but I am not feeling inspired, yet. I need another couple of days.

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on August 07, 2013, 04:24:10 AM
  On vacation at the family cottage for at least a week and then I am not sure.

Careful Don, apparently that means something different to these Brits, than us Canucks. :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

As long as you don`t turn it in to the verb "cottaging" you are OK  ;). I wanted to go away for a break with my dog but we`ll not go there  :o

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on August 07, 2013, 05:06:23 PM
Quote from: donoreo on August 07, 2013, 04:24:10 AM
  On vacation at the family cottage for at least a week and then I am not sure.

Careful Don, apparently that means something different to these Brits, than us Canucks. :legit:
And for Americans to understand I would have to say at the cabin.  Too much typing to explain to everyone.  However, if I am not mistaken a cottage in the UK is a small, usually single floor, house without much land.  Muskoka cottages are nothing of the sort ;)  We have several acres (240 feet frontage on the lake but the land goes back a long distance) and two livable floors and a loft above part of one.  5 bedrooms, 3 full bath and 1 powder room,  a laundry room and a dishwasher in the kitchen.  I am sitting here looking at the 46 inch TV connected to satellite in front and out the window over the deck that runs the whole length and the lake beyond.   Ours (wife's family owned) is modest by some standards up here. 

Reinardina

I remember seeing a photo of your neighbour's holiday home on fire. Not sure it would be called cottage here.

Before I moved to England, I too thought a cottage was a small, usually old house. Often very beautiful and romantic. Thatched and with roses round the door etc.

I discovered however, that quite substantial places can be called 'cottage' too. Don't know if they started out as a small cottage that was enlarged over the centuries (some undoubtedly did), or that they were large to start with.

Just google 'cottage' and click n the 'images' that come up. Take your pick!

ABERS

For all you trying to lose weight or dieting, I've had it confirmed categorically today that I've lost a stone over two weeks. No dieting, no special excercising and no special gimmicks. Yes a whole stone!! 8)

I feel over the moon and as fit as a fiddle.

Oh and by the way the Kidney isn't giving me any gyp anymore. ;) :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 15, 2013, 03:15:14 PM
For all you trying to lose weight or dieting, I've had it confirmed categorically today that I've lost a stone over two weeks. No dieting, no special excercising and no special gimmicks. Yes a whole stone!! 8)

Congratulations! You must feel so relieved.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on August 15, 2013, 03:15:14 PM

Ouch mine was most painful - and quite angular - Glad you are feeling fit again Alan  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.