• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Knowing that there is hope for all of us that strive to make a look-at-able image, even if we don't take it ourselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19473517

I'm off now to "explore the subversive force of the found image". I've just got to nip down to the stationers for a pot of glue.  ::)

Now where did the missus put the scissors? :-\

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on September 04, 2012, 03:53:04 PM
Knowing that there is hope for all of us that strive to make a look-at-able image, even if we don't take it ourselves.

I'm off now to "explore the subversive force of the found image". I've just got to nip down to the stationers for a pot of glue.  ::)

??? One assumes the old images he copies are beyond copyright or permissions for reproduction are granted  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

Seeing my little girls going into their first real school.   They looked nervous as they walked with their class and needed one last little hug.  Daddy got a little misty eyed at that.   :'(

Graham

And I quote.

"Within the vastness of today's image flow, Stezaker has managed to resurrect the power and uncanny mystery inherent in the still image using traditional photographic strategies, most especially collage," she added.

Where's that Bull$"!^ thread gone?
                    Graham.  :o
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

QuoteWhere's that Bull$"!^ thread gone?
                    Graham.  :o

Now, now Graham you musn't say $"!^ on here. Go and wash out your mouth!  :doh:

Reinardina

I used to do collages like that as a child; a very enjoyable way to spend a wet afternoon.  Sadly I threw them all out when I left the parental home.
They'd now have a vintage look, even though I used contemporary photos. Just imagine the money I've thrown aaway!
And the pleasure I could have given (some) people.

Quote from: donoreo on September 04, 2012, 06:18:28 PM
Seeing my little girls going into their first real school.   They looked nervous as they walked with their class and needed one last little hug.  Daddy got a little misty eyed at that.   :'(

I remember it well Don, but you probably suffered more, than they did.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

What made me feel more than good, was a surprise day out yesterday.
I was meeting a photographer friend, who had recently emerged from a deep depression, and instead of a chat and a cup of tea, he kidnapped me, and we spent a gorgeous day in Salisbury.
Thank goodness, I always carry my camera, and was wearing sensible shoes. I only had to buy a sunhat.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Karen

The delivery of my new camera and lens

Mick

Quote from: Karen on September 06, 2012, 06:11:52 PM
The delivery of my new camera and lens

Karen, you are so so lucky to have new toys/  Wish it was me.  ;)   Hope you enjoy the 7D, and look forward to seeing the pics.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Karen

Thanks Mick I bought them second hand but they are immaculate. I like the build quality it feels nice and chunky in your hands. The dam batteries have taken so long to charge it got dark before I could shoot anything

Graham

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

Getting a lovely day to go along the east neuk of fife and try out my new camera and lens

ABERS

Had the good fortune to attend the last day of the Paralympic track and field events at the Olympic park yesterday evening. Totally inspirational from the point of view of the endeavours of competitors, the enthusiasm of the crowd in support of all the competitors, whatever nationality, and most of all the immaculate organisation in and around the stadium.

On the tube home a French couple asked if I was British, and then congratulated GB on the wonderful Olympic and Paralympic events over the past three weeks.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.