• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
  • Baidu (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

The party went pretty well.  :tup:

Graham, we waited and waited for you to show, but finally gave up and opened the fizz at 7:01.  :beer:

Irv, my friend's 8 year old daughter told me 'your dancing is funny'  :dance:  :dance:, so I guess I have a 'Dad Dancing' diploma.

Hangover has gone and everything is tidied up  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Gald you had a good time H.I am so loathe to exhibit my dad dancing skills that I will be going out for a family meal on my birthday but should wine overcome me at a planned bbq this weekend I might challenge you for the Strictly Come Dad Dancing  finals  ;)

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on July 04, 2011, 08:48:25 AM
Gald you had a good time H.I am so loathe to exhibit my dad dancing skills that I will be going out for a family meal on my birthday but should wine overcome me at a planned bbq this weekend I might challenge you for the Strictly Come Dad Dancing  finals  ;)

Good luck with that. My personal target is to get as good as Anne Widdicombe ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

WMMFGT?  Well since I didn't get home until 4am I guess this counts.

There was a small gig on at a local venue.  I popped down for a look.  There was a pretty decent band playing and towards the end they dragged this old fella on to play bass for them.  He seemed able to keep up OK.  Unfortunately neither of them had much of their own material so they just mumbled through a bit of Beetles.  It was OK I suppose.  Nice to see them helping the elderly.

Anybody recognise them?  One is easy but I bet there are a couple of guitar fans who can name the other one.....

It's Guest's round

Skhilled

The guy on the right looks like Prince. The one on the left is too dark to tell.

WMMFGT?

Since I got my new camera I gave my Powershot to my 15 yo daughter. My son looks exactly like me but she acts exactly like me and has always wanted to do what I did. So, we decided to go out to see the fireworks and try to get in a few shots. Both of us with our bags and tripods looked quite the pair. She looked at us carrying our bags and tripods with our cameras around our necks and said, "Yes, I am just like you!" LOL

Unfortunately, we went out too late to get any good shots in. So we decided to take a few shots of light trails from the cars driving by. It'll be a great memory to look back on. ;D
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Jonathan

Quote from: Skhilled on July 04, 2011, 10:28:40 AM
The guy on the right looks like Prince. The one on the left is too dark to tell.

I believe the polite term is African American.

If you know enough about music you can probably tell who he is from his hands.
It's Guest's round

Skhilled

That's not what I meant and I am an African American. LOL

I meant the exposure is too dark to tell who the one on the left is. But looking at it again he does look a little like Carlos Santana.
Nikon D3000

Jonathan

Quote from: Skhilled on July 04, 2011, 10:40:41 AM
I meant the exposure is too dark to tell who the one on the left is. But looking at it again he does look a little like Carlos Santana.

Ah, not just the exposure.  His skin really is darker than Santana's.  Wrong guitar too :)
It's Guest's round

Skhilled

Hmm, I'll have to brighten the photo up a bit so I can see better. It might just be my monitor, not surprisingly. LOL

Actually, he looks like he's playing Prince's guitar.
Nikon D3000

hevans

The only guitarists I can mention would be:

• J. Hendrix
  • E. Clapton
  • M. Knopfler
  • B. May

Oh, and that guy from the beatles...wossisname...

I'm guessing, none of the above.  :D

H.

ABERS

Bert Weedon!
No, Bert Weedon's dad. :legit:

Jonathan

TBH I wasn't sure who he was until yesterday.  Chap called Larry Graham.  He used to be in a popular beat combo by the name of Sly and the Family Stone.....  Most people reckon he invented slapping bass guitars - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Graham

Here's what he was doing earlier in the evening.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2r56N8ot0  It's worth remembering he's 65.

Here's what he was up to.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Wzh7-uDNY I was about row 10 of 50 thousand people and could feel all of the bass slap.

It's Guest's round

ABERS

Mick, your skeleton joke on the other site. Priceless! :2funny:

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 04, 2011, 08:01:07 AM
Graham, we waited and waited for you to show, but finally gave up and opened the fizz at 7:01.  :beer:

Yeah.  Err, sorry about that. I got to Dover alright, but they would'nt let me on the ferry with your present!
             Glad it all went well.
                       Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on July 04, 2011, 04:47:06 PM
Mick, your skeleton joke on the other site. Priceless! :2funny:
Oh. Do tell! :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.