• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
  • Google
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform! ;D

Hinfrance

I think there's a typo there Alan; shouldn't it be 'God walks in mysterious ways . . ?'
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Got an email from ECU Testing in Nottingham saying that they have received the MAFS/ECU off of our Mercedes - I didn't put it in the post (yep, that's right, I use La Poste) until late Friday afternoon. Given that Airsure stuff takes over a week to get here from the UK, I am impressed.

Fingers crossed I will have the unit back by this time next week and we can get the car on the road again. Either that or it's a short trip to the local scrap yard and car hunting again. I'm not paying €1500 for a new ECU.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

wmmfgt
A fellow camera club member had  a  Minolta 50mm 1.7 and a Sigma 24mm superwide macro (and a whole load of old minolta gear I wasn't interested in) on offer to me as he knows I shoot with a Sony...I wasn't sure how much to offer for these 2 but after lots of useful input from forum members on dyxum I was going to start at L80.00 and go from there with about L120.00 as my top whack.

So I offered L80.00 last night to said club member to which he replied "L80.00 no no no" at that point I was thinking oh crap I've insulted him....he said "Give me L50.00 for the two and and as I know moneys tight with you at the moment you can pay me in installments if you want no rush, I'm just glad someone will get some use out of them" how generous was that I feel like I've got the deal of the century, can't wait to get out and start using them properly....Speakers Corner Anybody?  ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

Does anyone at your club have any Pentax KA or KAF lenses they would like to take installments on?

Great bargain Keith, I'm sure you'll make very good use of them.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on March 29, 2011, 05:13:50 PM
wmmfgt
A fellow camera club member had  a  Minolta 50mm 1.7 and a Sigma 24mm superwide macro (and a whole load of old minolta gear I wasn't interested in) on offer to me as he knows I shoot with a Sony...I wasn't sure how much to offer for these 2 but after lots of useful input from forum members on dyxum I was going to start at L80.00 and go from there with about L120.00 as my top whack.

So I offered L80.00 last night to said club member to which he replied "L80.00 no no no" at that point I was thinking oh crap I've insulted him....he said "Give me L50.00 for the two and and as I know moneys tight with you at the moment you can pay me in installments if you want no rush, I'm just glad someone will get some use out of them" how generous was that I feel like I've got the deal of the century, can't wait to get out and start using them properly....Speakers Corner Anybody?  ;)

Great news and makes a change from some who want to squeeze every penny out of you they can.  :tup:

krennon

Couldn't agree more O/B and I have just posted a pic in the macro gallery of some what appear to be baby ladybirds just as a test shot with the macro lens rather than any great macro shot, and it seems to be a superb lens MFD seems to be about 2 inches or so maybe a bit less really haven't had a proper play with it yet, and the 50mm prime I got as a I thought it would be a really useful lens to have not having any low light capable lenses until this came along....I was going to be saving for the sony versions of both of these so it has saved me about £250.00...now just need to saaaaaaaaave big time for the Sigma 120-400 (which came out a bit better than the 150-500 and is about £100.00 less) and I'll be sorted....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on March 29, 2011, 08:26:07 PM
Couldn't agree more O/B and I have just posted a pic in the macro gallery of some what appear to be baby ladybirds just as a test shot with the macro lens rather than any great macro shot, and it seems to be a superb lens MFD seems to be about 2 inches or so maybe a bit less really haven't had a proper play with it yet, and the 50mm prime I got as a I thought it would be a really useful lens to have not having any low light capable lenses until this came along....I was going to be saving for the sony versions of both of these so it has saved me about £250.00...now just need to saaaaaaaaave big time for the Sigma 120-400 (which came out a bit better than the 150-500 and is about £100.00 less) and I'll be sorted....

The trouble with the Sigma long lenses is the F number, as you require sunny conditions to get the best from them. In low light they have trouble getting focus but with bright sunshine they realy sing.  ;D

anglefire

I fancy the Sigma 120-300 - f2.8 - I used one a couple of years ago and it was stunning.
Now obsolete and only just being replaced by an OS version - though how that is affected by the problems in Japan, I don't know - its also listed at £2500 - so will remain on my wish list for some time to come
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2011, 10:19:14 PM
I fancy the Sigma 120-300 - f2.8 - I used one a couple of years ago and it was stunning.
Now obsolete and only just being replaced by an OS version - though how that is affected by the problems in Japan, I don't know - its also listed at £2500 - so will remain on my wish list for some time to come

I fancy the Sigma 200-500mm F2.8 but the weight puts me off!  :hehe:

anglefire

LOL

The 120-300 is hand holdable all day - as it only weighs in at  2.6kG compared to the 15.7kG of the monster.

And its not only the weight that puts me off the 200-500 - the price tag is not exactly pocket change!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2011, 11:10:18 PM
LOL

The 120-300 is hand holdable all day - as it only weighs in at  2.6kG compared to the 15.7kG of the monster.

And its not only the weight that puts me off the 200-500 - the price tag is not exactly pocket change!

Yes, but it was £19,990 when first launched.  :dance:

anglefire

Interestingly, £ for kG they are about the same ratio :tup: :legit:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on March 29, 2011, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: krennon on March 29, 2011, 08:26:07 PM

The trouble with the Sigma long lenses is the F number, as you require sunny conditions to get the best from them. In low light they have trouble getting focus but with bright sunshine they realy sing.  ;D

Not just low light, I don't consider patchy cloud cover low light, yet you are right, unless it's absolutely clear blue sunny skies they hunt like crazy for a focal point.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

I`ve decided to make it all official and am now operating as a fully registered, fully insured business. Just completed an official  contractor form for a company picking up a lucrative contract with housing organisations In leeds and doing my first job for them at 7.30 this morning. be main ly doing publicity and revising my website this month but the plan is to try to give it a go for the next 12 months and see where it takes me on a semi-pro basis. If it works fine, if not it`s not the end of the world and it`s back to the obsessive hobby.  ;)
www.photographybypauldishman.co.uk - for all your photographic needs  :D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.