• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
  • Bingbot
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photoshop CS5

Started by Forseti, March 24, 2010, 10:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forseti

Following on from my seemingly controversial post regarding lens blur in Lightroom here's another bit of useless information...............or maybe not.  :dance: Now go on be honest, who wouldn't find this little feature (Content-Aware Fill Sneak Peek) perhaps to come with CS5 on April 12th just a little bit useful?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=372971674670

Info regarding release date etc here http://cs5launch.adobe.com/

Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Hinfrance

I knew CS5 was imminent because Adobe have been trying to palm CS4 off on me for a bargain £350 ;) fat chance.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Just Dave

I saw some of the other content aware stuff and a few more new things is CS5 a couple of months ago, Clicky Linky

and Clicky Linky for content aware reshuffle amazing stuff

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

More to the point I've finally managed NOT to buy an upgrade :)

I stuck with CS3 even though it doesn't understand 'blad files.  Now I can splurge on CS5.  I skipped a whole 18 months of Adobe Tax :)

But yeah that video looks like sorcery.  And I want it ;)
It's Guest's round

picsfor

That's my subscription to the Adobe Tax signed up for.
Must have feature?
There it is in a nutshell - content aware!

Hinfrance

I might pay a smaller tax to get it in elements 9. I haven't upgraded that for a while now. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Just Dave

Quote from: picsfor on March 24, 2010, 11:06:18 AM
That's my subscription to the Adobe Tax signed up for.
Must have feature?
There it is in a nutshell - content aware!

Me too its amazing stuff  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

My wife has now studied the video in depth and has decided that we will go into business as divorce photographers.

That is when relationships and marriages break down we will use this wonderful new tool to clone out the unwanted partner from all the pictures.
In bad taste?
Watch and see who advertises the service first!

Just Dave

Quote from: picsfor on March 24, 2010, 05:26:15 PM
My wife has now studied the video in depth and has decided that we will go into business as divorce photographers.
That is when relationships and marriages break down we will use this wonderful new tool to clone out the unwanted partner from all the pictures.
In bad taste?
Watch and see who advertises the service first!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

nickt

Just Dave

Dont it look great cant wait to have a go with it,

minky_monkey

Seriously impressed with that, god knows what spec machine you`d need to have to run it at any sort of reasonable pace though!

picsfor

Quote from: minky_monkey on March 25, 2010, 05:09:51 PM
Seriously impressed with that, god knows what spec machine you`d need to have to run it at any sort of reasonable pace though!

a nice 24inch iMac with 3.06ghz duo processor, 4gb ram and 512mb graphics memory  :dance:
(or better  :tup:)

Jonathan

Quote from: minky_monkey on March 25, 2010, 05:09:51 PM

From what I hear....CS5 will offload a lot of the work to the GPU rather than the CPU.  So graphics card can become just as important as main processor.

My new laptop has the highest spec graphics card Apple would let me buy.  Using Hasselblad's Phocus (which uses the GPU) it's significantly faster than my 2.66 quad core Mac Pro with a ton of memory in it.  Time for a new graphics card.....
It's Guest's round

picsfor

So how much dedicated graphics memory can you get for your quad core?
I remember Dell offering a graphics card with 1gb of dedicated memory and a dual GPU last year. Wasn't cheap but it was billed as a CAD buster.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.