• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photoshop CS5

Started by Forseti, March 24, 2010, 10:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

More Photoshop CS5 Content-Aware Fill Sneak Peek Awesomeness, cant wait, LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScWu7pG7r0

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Just Dave

well that video went down well LOL cant wait for it to come out
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

Yeah that content aware fill looks OK.  But Puppet Warp it pure sorcery - seriously check out the vid on Adobe it's insane.

Bye bye posing skills.....
It's Guest's round

picsfor

cs5 - 2 good reasons to upgrade:

content aware
puppet warp

actually - good reasons to purchase. would love to see the pradar tutorials on those features  :doh:

Jonathan

OK I just downloaded PS CS5 this morning.  I had some editing to do and it seemed like a good test, I thought I'd use it all day and then consider whether to buy it or not.  It didn't work out like that.

10 mins into my "test" I jumped over to Adobe and got my credit card out.  For me it's that good.

You need to remember
1. I retouch more than actually edit stuff - colour and contrast in LR, local editing in PS but it's fairly light duty stuff.  The pic looks pretty similar when I finish to when I start.
2. I'm on an Intel Mac running Leopard (Snow Leopard is in a box ready to install when I get round to it).  I have a decent though elderly graphics card and a LOT of memory.
3. I sat CS4 out - I'm comparing CS5 to CS3.

The bad:
It appears that Imagenomic don't support CS5 yet - that's major for me because until they do I'll need to tweak skin in CS3.  Fortunately for the pics today the model has flawless skin and an incredibly talented MUA.
Adobe tax is about £20 higher than I expected.  All up the upgrade will be about £192 to my door.  I was expecting £170 for some reason.

The good:
Everything else.  Actually I haven't used much of it but there are 2 standout things
1. Content aware fill works.  It really does.  Not in all the silly pics where people have tried to remove clothes.  But real world - there's a thing in the pic that annoys me, circle it, hit delete then enter and 50% + it's gone with no further work required.  That number will go up as I figure out its strengths.
2. It's FAST.  They changed the zoom controls which annoyed me for about 45 seconds.  Now I love them.  I'm editing 16 bit files off the 'blad.  These weigh in at 180MB plus.  I can zoom, scroll and throw the file around like it's a 20MB snap.  Zoom is ultra smooth right up to 500% where it breaks into a mosaic.  But there's not really much point in 500% zoom :)
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Why Jonathan?  >:(
Why do you do it?  ???
You know full well some of us will want to avail ourselves of these news toys!  :tup:

And 16 bit editing as well!

Hinfrance

I really like the sound of this software, and I could just about scrape together enough for an upgrade - trouble is I don't have a version to upgrade and the initial price is just way too high for the likes of me.

Doomed I tell you, doomed . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

I've taken half a plunge and downloaded the trial - some 5.62gb for the whole collection which i'm gonna install.
Well my wife was a user of the CS Suite until redundancy last year so she's keen to see what 5 has to offer other than Photoshop goodies.

However, the credit card has been firmly given to the wife to hold onto until i'm reduced to a frothing, ranting spoiled little boy!

anglefire

I've already pulled the trigger - but I'll get the DL in a minute and try it for real. But everything I've read says its well worth it!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

hssutton

I've been playing with it since yesterday lunchtime, god there's a lot to learn.

I'm in total awe of the Constant Aware fill tool, especially when used on panoramas. No need to crop them anymore, just use the constant aware fill tool.

Harry

Colin

Have a look at these panos http://www.pbase.com/raphaels/image/124088138/large and the cs3 one here http://www.pbase.com/raphaels/image/124001772 imho an excellent example of what this fill tool can do for you. and I think the pano is better processed in cs5.

hssutton

Colin, The "Content Aware" fill tool takes just seconds and require just two mouse clicks and one keyboard actuation. I tried it out yesterday with shots from my garden. Hopefully I will be able to get out today and take a reasonable pano, if so I will upload it tonight.

Harry

Just Dave

Hi

yeah I plunged the button got CS5  The "Content Aware" fill tool  bit hit and miss if you ask me, yeah sure it is OK, for me you should need to selection where the fill is coming from eg. I did content aware on this image , I made a selection of the tree, with the lasso tool and hit delete, notice the birds head came on replace from  content aware, OK good starting point , but you dont seem to have much control over the result maybe CS6 will have,
"Content Aware" fill, Notice the head of the bird on the stump,(He He Look Like there 2 of them), Ok it may be me so how do you refine the area of source fill, ok it did a good job for a start, Obviously I could use  content aware, scaling to remove the tree, but I was just testing  content aware fill. LOL it even cpoied the dust bunnies Ha Ha, they are no more I cleaned my sensor today

Please feel free to download my 1st image and show me your first content aware fill,(Not Scaling Aware) image no other PP

Or show me your images with  content aware fill, NOT  content aware Scaling

Original

any  ideas on how to control the source of the aware fill

TIA

Dave

Colin

Dave

Not sure how to select the clone from area but this is my attempt.

1: Rectangular marquee tool to select most of the upright tree.
2: Content aware fill
3: Tidy up with content aware healing brush with a large size.

Time taken about 30-45 seconds.

Jonathan

Quote from: Just Dave on May 20, 2010, 12:21:32 AM
Please feel free to download my 1st image and show me your first content aware fill,(Not Scaling Aware) image no other PP

Um, so you want us to edit your picture using only a tool that you've shown doesn't work for this application?  That's a bit like asking me to change a tyre using only an adjustable spanner.   ;) Possibly it could be done but not that well.  And what's the point seeing there's a wheel brace right next to the spanner?

Step 3 in Colin's is the key.  CAF will get you 90% of the way to lots of jobs.  In many cases it will get you 100% of the way there.  But the clone tool and patch tool and healing brush and paint brush and lasso and marquee are all still there and have their uses.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.