• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
  • Google
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Weekly Competition Chat thread - Decay - 30th July to 6 August 17

Started by anglefire, July 30, 2017, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Weekly Comp:30/07 - 06/08/17 - CHAT THREAD – Decay

The topic for this week is Decay

Hopefully something a little different - Decay being anything you like - so buildings, plants, trees, even people as long as they are still alive  ::)

No restrictions  on editing. Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 6th Aug 2017, 23:59, OR  please enter something from your personal archives.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday  7th August 2017.

Poll will be up Tuesday 8th August 2017 .

Winner to be announced Saturday 13th August 2017

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win

Create an entries thread

Create a chat thread

Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday

(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

David Blandford

Does it count if only the background is decayed ?  :uglystupid2:  I thinking of entering a shot but then again I may choose something from my past shoots. Just thinking aloud.
still trying to paint with light!!

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

David Blandford

Reinardina

I loved photographing decay, so should have several archive shots. I'll see if I can find any.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Simple

Back from Holiday, put in an entry to make up the numbers. ;)

David Blandford

Not my first choice But I am in with Park life to make the number up!     :tup:

Reinardina

My last tutor hated 'arty farty' photos. For him a photograph was a photograph, while I often like to change it into something totally different. Sadly I lost him last August, so he cannot scold anymore.

Alan (ABERS) always rejoiced in my attempts to create something new, but sadly, he is gone too, so I have to find my own way, without advice, scorn or praise.

I photographed a dried out orchid leaf, with some equally dried out flowers, and set off on a journey. Ended up with a sort of pen and ink drawing.

This is my entry for the 'Decay' competition:

Floating decay

Jediboy

Thats certainly arty R. Good to see you back in the comps.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Thanks Chris. I have been doing a bit more photography related things, but am still miles removed from my previous enthusiasm. Don't know if I'll ever 'get back' to where I was.

I have recently returned from a holiday in Vienna, and really loved going into town without a camera! The freedom to just enjoy the atmosphere and architecture, without the urge to photograph everything, and thinking about angles, was liberating.

Jediboy

Pleased other not.
I know what you mean about the freedom of not having the camera with you. I have to make a conscious decision on occasions not to take the camera on family days out. Drives the wife crazy and I want to photograph everything. Its better if I go out on my own for photography. It works better.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Nothing from me this weekend as I`ve been decaying myself. Nasty virus has laid me low for nigh on 10 days now triggering all sorts of health issues like my old balance problem, IBS and the like. Just about coming around as I set off on a 3 day music festival at Cropredy laid on by fairport Convention. Hope I`m well enough to manage it all!

Kerry Holt

Above it says winner announced on Saturday 13th, so does it mean yesterday as in Saturday or today as in 13th?!

Hinfrance

It should have been Saturday, but it was set up to close this evening. But I'll take a wild stab right now at who is going to be the winner . . . :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.