• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Flickering monitor

Started by jinky, May 14, 2014, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Your video card may have several connectors, and may be able to run more than one monitor simultaneously. Without knowing what your system is . . most low end cards occupy one slot on the PC's rear panel, better ones two slots. As long as the output connectors are all on the same panel then they will all be working outputs from the card. There is nothing to be gained by using the DVI output and an adapter to connect to a VGA monitor.

Despite what the Mac boys will tell you, modern PCs are pretty straightforward machines. They just work.*

*provided that you actually put the thing together properly in the first place - yes, mine is working again after I wiggled a few connections.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

2Beers

I don't think that the VGA will do HD 1920 x1080p as I think the most is 1220 X1024

Therefore you would be better using one of the other ports on your graphics card

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 16, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
Despite what the Mac boys will tell you, modern PCs are pretty straightforward machines. They just work.

:tup:

Hinfrance

Quote from: 2Beers on May 16, 2014, 07:36:36 PM
I don't think that the VGA will do HD 1920 x1080p as I think the most is 1220 X1024

Therefore you would be better using one of the other ports on your graphics card

My VGA monitor is 1920 x 1080. Standard VGA maximum is 2048 x 1536. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

My previous vga monitor was 1920 x 1080 too so no problems expected. I pick up a new one today. Good job I have a famly portrait shoot in the park booked today to pay for it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.