• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT-STEPS-Weekly Comp 6-13/9

Started by Hinfrance, September 06, 2015, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT THREAD

The subject this week is STEPS or TREADS, as in staircase and ladder. Ancient or modern, with or without people or objects on them.

The Entries thread is HERE

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now, 6th September 2015 to 23:59 Sunday 13th September 2015 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 14th September 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 15th September 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th September 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

I've actually thought of something I can do for this one. With a bit of luck and if it doesn't rain all weekend as forecast.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Glad about that. I hope to be able to participate again, once I'm back from Austria, possibly the second week of October.
Having new flooring laid from 30 September for three days, another major step forward, in my renovation scheme.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

I tried a few planned shots - once on screen I didn't like any of them. Then I came upon this scene  by surprise and took a very hurried snap before the combine moved on. The people are checking bat boxes which they installed on the local golf course to keep the midge population at bay. I can't think of a better title, but at least it does have steps in view.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Great scene to come across!

Glad you entered. I feel very guilty, 'saddling' H with the competition and not entering anything myself. I hope to be 'back in the fold' in October, and I also hope we'll get the numbers up a bit.
Good luck.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

I have a picture to enter but only have 3G internet access and cannot get it off my Computor. I will see what I can do tomorrow.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Beaux Reflets

Run out of time this week - hopefully I will take an effort this week amid the wetroom floor tiling and current restoration works.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Back from Norway and luckily, looking through my various shots to edit , I had one that fitted the brief. The wonkiest staircase I`ve ever seen in the alleys of Bryggen, the wooden merchant houses part of Bergen which was our first stop on the cruise. Great colour and style  has Bryggen. Another of those " wish I`d taken my dslr"  trips though as the LX100 still did not quite hack it. Still - makes it easier to cull the resultant photos when you are not happy with many.

Hinfrance

Welcome home Paul. Are you sure that staircase really was that wobbly, or had you had a few?

I'm going to try to get a reasonable bridge camera for my next jaunt oversees - it is great to have a decent DSLR on your hols, but it's a lot to lug about. I'm rather taken with my little Fuji X20, despite the appalling battery life. But I just carry a spare.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 14, 2015, 02:51:05 PM
Welcome home Paul. Are you sure that staircase really was that wobbly, or had you had a few?

Hadn't had a drop. Crazy stairs - H and S nightmare.!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.