• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What's the weather like?

Started by Mick, February 28, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Been snowing on and off all day here in Essex.  Had to clear a good three inches of snow off the top of the car this morning.   What's it like where you are?

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Simple

Been snowing on and off all day today in North Lincolnshire (South Humberside). mayhem in the streets. I have a good laugh at all the BMW's and Merc's that get stuck on the slightest incline. The little front wheel cars are zipping passed them with big smiles on the drivers faces. getting close to 5 inches now in total.

Jediboy

Been snowing on and off here (Northants) too. At one point visibility was down to about 40-50 metres when the snow was at its heaviest.
Windchill was terrible, I have been outside training for parts of the day and it really was bitterly cold.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Mick

Quote from: Simple on February 28, 2018, 06:47:33 PM
Been snowing on and off all day today in North Lincolnshire (South Humberside). mayhem in the streets. I have a good laugh at all the BMW's and Merc's that get stuck on the slightest incline. The little front wheel cars are zipping passed them with big smiles on the drivers faces. getting close to 5 inches now in total.

You're right about these modern cars with their wide tyres, they don't go anywhere in these conditions.  Never really understood the concept of four wheel drive either if they're just going to fit ridiculously wide road tyres to them.  Yes they might be able to move where others can't, but they still don't go around corners, and they don't stop very well either. 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

Some snow but a biting wind. The snow on the ice was been blown about with the wind.  :o

jinky

After wind swept blizzards interspersed with bright blue skies yesterday I`ve woken up to more slow. At least 6 inches today and some had gone in the sun yesterday!

That was yesterday.

A lovely long walk got me some shots along with calf strains trying to get my wellies off!

Reinardina

Tuesday two snow flurries and for the rest blue skies; yesterday (Wednesday) brilliant sunshine, but bitterly cold in the wind. My face and ears nearly froze off, during our volunteer 'rangering.' For the rest I was well wrapped up and toasty. A balaclava would have been appropriate for working in the outdoors!
Today I woke up to a light dusting of snow, and it is almost snowing now: very light and hardly visible. But ... the South is promised full on snow today, and if so, I plan to take the camera out, and see if I can still do it.

This was Tuesday:

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

We had about an hour of light snow yesterday afternoon that didn't settle as the temperature had just edged above freezing after starting the day at -6C. Today it was +6C first thing and bright sunshine. Watching the snow in the UK and ooop north of France on the telly.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

StephenBatey

Monday night/Tuesday morning it snowed; very little in the afternoon and yesterday the thaw set in. There was a small amount of snow overnight, but even so the back garden has less snow than yesterday morning and the paved path was almost clear.

If I succeed in posting my first photo here, this is Hove Park (just a short way - say 5 mins on foot - from where I live) on Tuesday afternoon.

Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Quote from: Mick on February 28, 2018, 09:12:31 PM
Quote from: Simple on February 28, 2018, 06:47:33 PM

You're right about these modern cars with their wide tyres, they don't go anywhere in these conditions.  Never really understood the concept of four wheel drive either if they're just going to fit ridiculously wide road tyres to them.  Yes they might be able to move where others can't, but they still don't go around corners, and they don't stop very well either.

It always amazes me (or does it really) when I see people in 4x4s driving on these conditions like it's a nice sunny day. Wonder how many get caught out thinking that the snow and ice doesn't apply to them.  :doh:

Chris

Cabbyjohn

No snow here in Llandudno. the worst of the weather always seems to miss this coast.

jinky

I should be able to get out today after a group of well supervised workmen cleared my drive of ice and snow for me. Took them a while!

Maybe get them on some weeding in the spring

Oldboy

Very clever Jinky.  :tup: :D

It's Bl**dy Cold:

Jediboy

Snow drifts in Cut Throat Lane, near to where I live. There is a road under there somewhere.
Not seen drifts like this for many years.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.