• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

A little challenge set to me which I`m passing on

Started by jinky, August 06, 2014, 08:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

From this picture taken in Cambridge this week can you guess which Cambridge college owns the punts in this picture? The clue is in the names but I need you to explain each too.

Beaux Reflets

Point Turn - would possibly belong with Trinity College Cambridge (if there is one as I have not done my research and am just guessing blind) as you do a 3 point turn when learning to drive and I assume this is a cryptic challenge.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

That`s the one that did it for me too Andy. Also 3 Wise Monkeys, 3 French Hens, 3 Little Kittens, 3 Peace Sweet, 3 Codons in DNA / genetics. Fury 3 some kind of video game I`d never heard of  - I didn`t get that nor the C1107 if it is linked - comes up as a computer error. But yes Andy they are all punts belonging to Trinity College.

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 06, 2014, 02:20:35 PM
Point Turn - would possibly belong with Trinity College Cambridge (if there is one as I have not done my research and am just guessing blind) as you do a 3 point turn when learning to drive and I assume this is a cryptic challenge.

Who's a clever boy then!  :o :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on August 06, 2014, 07:25:14 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 06, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

Who's a clever boy then!  :o :tup:

The 'three point turn' also describes the trefoil shape, which used in architectual detailing within church buildings represents the Trinity. My 'Easy peesy logic'  :2funny:  :tup: :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.