• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 94
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 126
  • Total: 126
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Don McCullin

Started by Hinfrance, August 22, 2011, 09:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Ok then. Went to the station and yes Oldboy I can get there and back for £58.00. First train I can use gets me into the big place at 11.30ish. So I'll be there early afternoon on Tuesday if anyones interested.
                     Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on August 25, 2011, 05:09:34 PM
   Ok then. Went to the station and yes Oldboy I can get there and back for £58.00. First train I can use gets me into the big place at 11.30ish. So I'll be there early afternoon on Tuesday if anyones interested.

:tup:

ABERS

If you see a decrepit old bloke with a camera around his neck looking bewildered and lost at about 1.30ish, it won't be me, I'll be the bloke next to him looking even more decrepit and bewildered. ;)

Look forward to it. :tup:

picsfor

Alan, did see some similarity on the styles demonstrated in some of Don's pics and yours  :tup:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on August 26, 2011, 09:01:06 AM

If you see a decrepit old bloke with a camera around his neck looking bewildered and lost at about 1.30ish, it won't be me, I'll be the bloke next to him looking even more decrepit and bewildered. ;)

Look forward to it. :tup:

Hope to see you then. Talking of bewilderd wanderings, on the rare occasion that i get to London, I find myselfwandering around like the bloke from the "Crocodile Dundee" films.
                             Graham. :dance:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on August 26, 2011, 04:41:12 PM
Talking of bewilderd wanderings, on the rare occasion that i get to London, I find myselfwandering around like the bloke from the "Crocodile Dundee" films.
                             Graham. :dance:

You mean you carry a big knife as well?  :o

Hinfrance

I hope your jokes are better.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

Oh I dunno "He's got a knife" CD "That's not a knife this is a knife" was a pretty good line imo....(and The Paul Hogan show was pretty funny as well back in the day when it aired)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Delamanda

I have two spare tickets for Don Mccullin's talk at the Royal Geographical Society on 12th September, if anyone's interested!

ABERS

Went yesterday and enjoyed the McCullin exhibition immensely, although there were some of his more iconic images on display, his later work doesn't quite have the punch that grabs you that his 'conflict' pictures do. Still I suppose we all mellow with age.

It was my first visit to the Tate and I have to say it definitely will not be my last now that I've 'discovered' it. A wonderful display of art through the ages of all genres and no restrictions on photography apart from those exhibitions that are charged for.

Apparently it can be a bit of a trek to get there! ;)

Graham

Indeed. Great venue for exhibitions. (And free coffee. :knuppel2:)
  First time Iv'e seen Don McCullin's pics "On the wall". Most I was very familiar with and a few less so. My preference is for his northen England sets and his more recent landscapes, where, it appears to me, he's still "At War".
  It goes without saying that some of his conflict pics are some of the best of their kind (Nearly said genre. :-[) but I do feel that with some the impact comes from the conflict rather than the image.

The walk from the station to the Tate was but a warm up for the afternoons shenanegans.
                      Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on August 31, 2011, 05:05:15 PM
  Indeed. Great venue for exhibitions. (And free coffee. :knuppel2:)
  First time Iv'e seen Don McCullin's pics "On the wall". Most I was very familiar with and a few less so. My preference is for his northen England sets and his more recent landscapes, where, it appears to me, he's still "At War".
  It goes without saying that some of his conflict pics are some of the best of their kind (Nearly said genre. :-[) but I do feel that with some the impact comes from the conflict rather than the image.

The walk from the station to the Tate was but a warm up for the afternoons shenanegans.
                      Graham.

Glad you enjoyed the exhibition and had a great day out.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.