• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - OVER THE TOP Weekly Comp 7th Jan 2013 to 13th Jan 2013

Started by Reinardina, January 06, 2013, 08:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

CHAT - OVER THE TOP Weekly Comp 7th Jan 2013 to 13th Jan 2013

This weeks topic for the competition is...

OVER THE TOP.

I'm not thinking literally here, but exaggeration. Exaggeration in shape, size, colour, or form, or whatever you can think of.
'Real' as in straight from the camera (after editing of course), unusual perspective, or totally pp created.
Of course no restrictions on pp.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 7th Jan 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 13th Jan 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 14th January 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 15th January 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th  January  2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Above all have fun.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

This should be fun, I will try and come up with a shot to suit and excite. 
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

You don't see so many over the top HDR shots anymore. (Thank goodness.)

'I've got an idea' as someone would say, but for that I'd have to take the camera out for a walk, preferably down town, and I'm not quite sure I'll have the time for it.

You can make it as fun as you like! At least the possibilities are endless, especially as pp is not restricted.

SimonW

I couldn't resist sharing this because it exactly meets the topic title, though not as it was intended. And of course it wouldn't be a competition winner.

The church clock. Due to recent high winds the hour hand has tried to pass Over The Top of the minute hand and jammed them together. So I had to lean out of the window above, Over The Top of the clock, with a broomhandle, to untangle them.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

DigiDiva

I thought it was because the shot was over the top of the clock tower so it would have fitted that way too.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Matthew

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 09, 2013, 08:29:16 AM
I thought it was because the shot was over the top of the clock tower so it would have fitted that way too.

Long time no see DD..... :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hinfrance

In the presence of almost continuous gray skies and drizzle (when it's not bucketing down) I have gone for an indoor shot of my new and very loud amplifier. Definitely over the top for practicing in the bedroom (SWMBO has already told me to a) turn it down and b) close the *expletive deleted* door. Note she never really swears; she's far too polite). So far I've turned it up to 2 ;)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Having problems with this one. Went out yesterday to shoot an 'over the top' shot, but came home empty 'memory carded.'
Will try again today.

Reinardina

Simon, I think your shot does fit the theme, as it is literally over the top, but also the hands of the clock are impressively 'oversized' due to the perspective.

I could not find my quarry at all. Have been hunting twice, but they stayed well hidden on both occasions. I will have to fall back on my second option; the brained swan.

I'm in with this one:

Too much detail.

michaelb104

I know it is tenuous for the theme but this is over the top weather forecasting, we had been predicted between 5-10cms of snow.  Waking up this morning this is what we had got, not quite what was predicted!!

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beaux Reflets

Decided to play outdoors and thankfully I did not break the wee bottle - So SWMBO will still sample the tipple (next Christmas  ;);D

A Mighty Fine Tipple!

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.