• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Places of interest ( Steam Train Pictures )

Started by skellum, August 11, 2009, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

If anyone is interested in taking Steam Train pictures here is a link to all that are running nationally at the moment. www.uksteam.info

The time tables are handy for seeing what is running in your area and ( using your local knowledge ) where to get the best shots from.
You will meet the odd enthusiast or two armed with their expert knowledge and video cameras but they are a harmless bunch. :legit:  

anglefire

Theres the Shakespear run this coming Sunday. Thanks for the infor!! I'll see if I can't get out!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Sandy

Hi

Thanks for the link, I love steam train and in Kent we have the Bluebell line and the little trains at Dymchurch. On a recent holiday I had a night on double decker train the Empire Builder and it was a great experience.

Sandy

Steve9091

The Watercress Line in Hampshire is good, go on one of there special days like war on the Line. In Dorset the Swanage Railway stopping off in Corfe for a walk around the castle is a must.

krennon

Agree about Swanage we were there for the bank holiday at the start of the month, and did the Swanage to Corfe trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Corfe is worth a walk round, but avoided going into the castle itself (got better shots from the steam train) Off to Kent this coming weekend, doing Port Lympne for the Gorillas and planning on going to Leeds Castle and Rye, but may well try and cram in a trip on the Dymchurch Line..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Jonathan

If you're into steam trains and taking pics of people then you may be interested in a meet the Essex Strobists have coming up.  It's planned for here http://www.colnevalleyrailway.co.uk/ on 6th June.

Still in the planning stage and if they can't get more photographers it won't go ahead but should be a good day out.

[Note: there will be no steam.  It's too expensive.  People are openly talking about smoke machines....  They are also talking about tying people to the tracks though.]

Details here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/essexstrobists/discuss/72157623942932898/ - you'll have to be a member of Essex Strobists to see that but if you're near then it's worth joining anyway.  Good bunch of people.
It's Guest's round

Jonathan

OK, the venue messed up - the Colne Valley meet is on SATURDAY 5th JUNE (not Sunday 6th).

It's going to be very cool - full access to station, carriages and loco.  Lots of models coming to drape themselves attractively across the tracks....

Shout me if you're interested.

Some snaps from the last couple of Essex Strobists outings..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanryan/tags/essexstrobistmeetup/
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.