• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
  • Bingbot
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on February 13, 2021, 05:29:52 PM
I have said before I think that I use Ubiquiti networking stuff. Which is excellent - though not that cheap.

I've also added a Raspberry Pi to be a local DNS and that runs some software call Pi Hole that basically gets rid of a load of adverts - not many YouTube ones unfortunately - but even so does filter a load out generally and speeds up the network as it doesn't download them first.

I'll be perfectly honest that I am hopeless when it comes to this stuff. I did a lot of research and decided on the TP-Link Deco M4. It's a mesh WiFi system and was recommended by the chap who installed out broadband at home. They came well recommended and very easy to set up, even for me. And it has improved the coverage massively. Now have good WiFi across the whole house.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Nothing wrong with that at all. 
I'm just a bit of a geek and like a bit more control.  I've only taken the WiFi (and complete network too) down a couple of times by messing with stuff 😂
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

I brought my own router as the one supplied by my ISP was made in China :uglystupid2: I was told by my ISP that they don't support my Netgear modem but, I'd trust it more than the Huawei supplied by TalkTalk.  :tup:  :tup:

anglefire

Well. I have an actual WMYFGT post on the actual day it happened! That's a rarity in itself!

Was in the kitchen on the phone to my Mum and saw it - only managed to get 2 shots before it flew off.

Not a great shot.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on February 14, 2021, 09:43:59 AM
Nothing wrong with that at all. 
I'm just a bit of a geek and like a bit more control.  I've only taken the WiFi (and complete network too) down a couple of times by messing with stuff 😂

I'm all of a tremor just reading this!   :uglystupid2::uglystupid2:

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on February 14, 2021, 11:42:53 AM
Well. I have an actual WMYFGT post on the actual day it happened! That's a rarity in itself!

Was in the kitchen on the phone to my Mum and saw it - only managed to get 2 shots before it flew off.

They are quite inconsiderate aren't they.
Nicely exposed and focused though. 👍

Not a great shot.

Chris

Hinfrance

Perseverance has landed on Mars. Among the names sent there with the probe is that of my daughter, who is studying for her masters in physics and astronomy - so at least a little bit of our family has made it safely to another planet.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 19, 2021, 10:43:17 AM
Perseverance has landed on Mars. Among the names sent there with the probe is that of my daughter, who is studying for her masters in physics and astronomy - so at least a little bit of our family has made it safely to another planet.

Wow, that's brilliant.
Fascinating subject.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 19, 2021, 10:43:17 AM

Great stuff - a claim to fame for her!

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on February 20, 2021, 12:31:40 PM

Great stuff - a claim to fame for her!

:tup:
She was quite pleased! There are thousands of names on there, but that doesn't matter!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

StephenBatey

We had plumbers in yesterday and today, with the result that after a few years we have working central heating, and hot water on tap for the first time since a week before Christmas.

As an added bonus, removal of two cisterns, one cold and one hot water tank has given us more storage space immediately and a potential new large cupboard where the old cold tank was.

As long as it keeps working....

The plumbers were quick, neat and obliging as well.  :)
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

jinky

Always a relief to get hot water back and find a good plumber!

anglefire

Got my Spitfire out of the garage this morning to take the eldest to work. Was bloody cold though. ;)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

You've got a Spitfire? And it works? Amazing!

I beat my last one to death with a sledge hammer, very cathartic. I did have two of them. The first one used to stop every 50 miles or so and I had to reset the points. Also it leaked like a sieve and I drilled holes in the floor to let the water out. But I loved it in my own way. The second one was just a complete pain, hardly ever ran. Hence the hammer.

Corvettes have been much kinder to me  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.