• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for IOTW Year End 2011

Started by skellum, December 23, 2011, 07:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote Here

Lone Walker.   Reinardina  

6 (15%)
Happy in sunsine.   beauxreflets  

0 (0%)
A Little Light.   beauxreflets  

1 (2.5%)
The Gateway.   Reinardina  

1 (2.5%)
Gemma.   Dave  

1 (2.5%)
Blackbird.   Oldboy  

0 (0%)
Blackpool Tram.   Dave  

4 (10%)
End of Game.   Nickt  

1 (2.5%)
Old Dears.   Nickt  

6 (15%)
Dogs.   Dave  

6 (15%)
Field of Corn. roguesgallery  

1 (2.5%)
Dead.   Picsfor  

0 (0%)
The longest mile.   Abers  

5 (12.5%)
Swallows.   Oldboy  

1 (2.5%)
Gerbera.   Michael104  

5 (12.5%)
Opposite Curves.   Howard  

1 (2.5%)
Swan.   Oldboy  

1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: December 25, 2011, 08:48:22 PM

alan1572

i've gone for oldboys Swan, but a really hard choice, well done to all.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

picsfor

For me it was NickT's End of Game or Old Dears, Dave's Blackpool Tram or Dogs, or finally Aber's Longest Mile

The dice got the final call :-)

stevebedder

It was between nickt's End of Game, Daves Blackpool Tram and Gerbera by Michael104. I struggled for a while to pick one to finally vote for, they are all great photos (as are all the others) but finally decided on Gerbera.

The water droplets are just perfect, great DoF and the b&w treatment really works for the shot.

I could have chosen any one of them though, they are all great shots!!

:tup:

skellum

Beaux Reflets

Looking forward to the results - Bump
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beaux Reflets

:o  What a tie
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Honoured and thrilled to bits to have made it this far!

What happens now? This was not really a 'proper' competition, as they are all older images, and everyone entered two, so maybe the first posted should not automatically win?

Can we have a 'Trio of The Week'? Or a winning entry three weeks running?

I wait with bated breath!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

There could be another short period poll -couple of days - to decide 1 2 and 3 amd then have them as IOTW over the next 3 weeks - or just do that anyway in no particular order. Then go back to the last person choosing to start the year properly

Eileen

I seem to have missed the vote - just catching up after festive chaos. Congratulations to the winners. Sending an email notification for further polls is a great idea I think, but ideally I would allow a few days for people to catch up.

Mick

hmm, really must get a better poll system sorted. 

I've tested one mod which give us points to play with for each pic.  For example you set the number of votes allowed per member to 3, you assign a max number of points to distribute 6, and then the max number of points per pic, say 3 for example.  Then from the little dropdown box beside each pic, you can vote 3 for your 1st place 2 for second, and 1 for third. 

Not sure if you want me to try and install it, and then do a test poll first to see if it works as expected, it's your call on this one.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

picsfor

Mick,

i believe your proposed system might do better to eliminate dead heats.
And, it might just generate some more interest if people feel they are able to comment on more than 1 pic in the poll.

Some how, we need to stimulate greater interest in the comps and voting - as this brings greater following to the site.
Though i accept that with my contribution over the past year i really don't have room to talk.

skellum

Well I think the best and quickest solution is another short poll for the three joint winners. Please could I ask someone to sort it for me as I am about to go Football now and then my sisters after that so I have not got much time today. Thanks, Dave :tup:

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on December 26, 2011, 11:07:50 AM
Mick,

i believe your proposed system might do better to eliminate dead heats.
And, it might just generate some more interest if people feel they are able to comment on more than 1 pic in the poll.

Some how, we need to stimulate greater interest in the comps and voting - as this brings greater following to the site.
Though i accept that with my contribution over the past year i really don't have room to talk.

OK, done another install on the testsite, and found the poll mod isn't compatible with a couple of the themes our members are using.  So this isn't a option atm, as I don't have spare time for next few days.  I'm not giving it up though. 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.