• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

POLL-FRAME THE SHOT

Started by Hinfrance, August 16, 2016, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite FRAME THE SHOT picture

Chateau Les Milandes:

0 (0%)
Sunset:

3 (17.6%)
Alhambra Palace:

2 (11.8%)
Train With The Cranes:

1 (5.9%)
Slave Labour:

2 (11.8%)
Bobby Moore . . The Colossus:

3 (17.6%)
You've Been Framed:

2 (11.8%)
View From Within The Bin:

0 (0%)
In The Shadows:

1 (5.9%)
Sail Board:

3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 10:10:01 AM

Hinfrance

Please vote for your favourite FRAME THE SHOT picture. Thanks  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

17 votes so far. Does this mean, I may actually have lured a few people to the poll?

Simple

I think you have! It was a good topic and nice entries. I love it when the votes are all over the place it shows how subjective our hobby is.

jinky

I`m not so sure personal intervention makes a difference Reinardina. I`m always interested to see voting figures whatever the occasion / purpose. I noticed the other week when we had only 4 entries for the picture in a picture comp we had 15 voters yet this week just 17 voters  whilst we had 10 entries. I always vote if I have internet access wherever I am , even if I don`t post an entry. Similarly I always vote for the image i think closest meets my perception of hitting the brief or pleases me most even if in reality I am not particularly impacted by any of the shots put forward on a rare occasion. I am sure there those that decide the comp entries are not worthy of a vote one week, the theme / images don`t interest them enough to engage or the spread isn`t enough to merit a vote. Who knows - but I feel it`s hard to guess just when you`re maximising votes and whether nagging people does any more than remind the odd one or two to vote that might have got around to it anyway. I was one of at least 7 people who voted this week whilst not having an entry. Do we assume all who made an entry voted and account for 10 of them or that we have 6 or more others that just decided to engage with the comp this week? Who knows?

Anyway a 3 way tie today so congratulations to all and especially to the sunset shot which was first to post and thus takes the honours for the win and setting the new theme. Me - I voted for the Alhambra shot at the time, prompted mostly by my love for that place. Looking again in the cold light of today I might have gone for Bobby Moore or the more unusual framing of the boat shot and made a difference to the outcome but you vote how you feel at the time and within the time you have available sometimes. Voting on my phone without a chance to look at a proper sized image  made me act differenetly to how I`d have voted  in front of my monitor today - and there you have the fickle nature of the democratic process! ;)

Hinfrance

Well done to our first past the post winner. It was good to see such a spread of votes, although not so good for DD and I, the null points kids.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Congratulations to the tree winners. I am happy with my shared second place.  :)

ABERS

Congrats Kerbside. My vote went to Oldboy 's  striking picture of yachts.  Something that was different and eye-catching.

Beaux Reflets

Congratulations to the winners  :tup:  and thank you to whoever voted on my wee effort  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 20, 2016, 04:47:32 PM
Congrats Kerbside. My vote went to Oldboy 's  striking picture of yachts.  Something that was different and eye-catching.

:-[ :tup:

`I voted for oggalily's shot of the Horse.  :tup:

Well done all.  :tup:

DigiDiva

Well done to the three winners. A very varied spread this week  and an interesting theme.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Still no subject set for this week from Jeff, so it falls to Alan and equal first and second to post an entry to set up the next one :)

All good practice Abers ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

I've  got to set the poll for Furniture yet. Hoping to do that this pm. How about Oldboy giving it a go for next week, he was an equal vote getter.

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 23, 2016, 09:02:23 AM
I've  got to set the poll for Furniture yet. Hoping to do that this pm. How about Oldboy giving it a go for next week, he was an equal vote getter.

OK.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.