• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 40
  • Mick
  • Baidu
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Date for Your Diary.

Started by ABERS, August 28, 2010, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

An exhibition entitled 'The Art of Photography - From Plate Camera to Computer' will take place from 6th October - 24th October in Walton-on-Thames.

This comparative exhibition of early prints from the Royal Photographic Society Collection and digital prints made by today's photographers will open in October 2010 in Walton on Thames, Surrey. The concept is Old and New - comparing work from as far back as 1845 with modern, digital prints, inviting conclusions about what we are doing today and what our predecessors did, albeit with vastly different equipment.

The exhibition will be held at

The Robert Phillips Gallery
Riverhouse
Manor Road
Walton-on-Thames
KT12 2PF
Tel 10932 254198

Opening hours are :-  Wed.-Sat.  11am-4pm Sunday 2.30 - 4.30.

Google map the post code for directions. You will see plenty of photo opportunities in the local area. Hampton Court, Brooklands Museum, River Thames etc..etc..etc.

Walton-on-Thames railway station is a fair walk away, so cars maybe a better option if you so decide to visit.

Pleasant pubs around for food.

krennon

Thanks for that Mr Abercrombie sir (doffs cap tugs forelock) I may well pay that a visit, my dear papa used glass plates in his early days, he now uses digital....and I have a couple of friends that live in Walton so could tie it in with a visit to them...As Mr Abercrombie Sir said, good pubs for food around, and it's right on the river so could get some nice water shots probably as well...be warned parking is quite hard in central Walton itself, there is the Heart Shopping Centre car park but it is an absolute rip off and limited to 2 or 3 hours I believe....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

A large car par exists by Walton Bridge by the river, I believe it is called Cowie Sale and I think it's F.O.C.

Sandy

Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind.

Sandy

ABERS

Plenty of car parking spaces behind the venue and a small cafe/coffee shop on site.

I'm stewarding on Friday 22nd.

Delamanda

I went last week - well worth a visit!

ABERS

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.