• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Anyone still frequent photoradar?

Started by Paul Montgomery, May 13, 2011, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Quote from: Paul Montgomery on May 18, 2011, 07:18:28 PM
I thought I saw Keith T on here recently - or am I imagining that ?

Keith T is on there from time to time...
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on May 18, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
And whatever happend to Alan Ingham, KeithT and Veggiesosage.....I miss the advice and constructive comments that Alan and Keith used to give especially to newcomers like I was at the time, and I miss Veggies wit once you got to know his posts you realised he was just one of those guys with a sarcastic sense of humour but was never nasty as I remember....there was a couple of others as well whose names completely escape me at the moment...

Veggiesosage is registered on here but hasn't been on for some time. Alan Ingham is still on PR but under another name.  ;D

Markulous

QuoteAnyone still frequent photoradar?

Yup! Still do! But having joined here, maybe a bit less!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

greypoint

Just had another look - yes, still a few friendly helpful folk - and still some who seem to have had a sense of humour by-pass. Same as most forums I suppose but not exactly busy for a site with so many 'active' users. Not much input from the staff - a little from Amy but the others seem largely absent. I gave up bothering largely due to lack of interest and the presence of someone I always avoided in the old days of DCMag and found it hard to avoid on PR!! Oh well - as long as people keep clicking on it the revenue from the ads will continue and thats the most important thing  ;)

Just had a look at that shite. Which brand is more reliable? Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc...

One reply was "Canon and Nikon have the most lenses"...

Has anyone else heard of the Pentax K mount, or did I just dream that one up? Well done fauxtoradar, keep up the quality.

Reinardina

I've only just come from there, and will certainly keep an eye. Probably till I get the hang of this site.

I told Lepach that I had registered here, as we both deplored the fact that a lot of the accomplished photographers had left, after a spat about pp.

The weekend competition is in a muddle at the moment, with a lot of inexperienced photographers (some more inexperienced than I).

We both missed the competent, positive, neutral and most of all helpful, critiques you guys used to give.

And ... received a PM from Lepach, saying he had registered too. So that's two newbies in one day.

I dare not, however, advertise too openly, as I hope to avoid some people over there.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on June 05, 2011, 11:33:33 AM
I dare not, however, advertise too openly, as I hope to avoid some people over there.

You mean like ME?  :2funny: :2funny:

Reinardina

Now that would be agist, and at my age, I simply cannot afford that!

Oldboy

Beryl

I left that site  (thought I'm still registered) to join Photo.pic. That was a nice littls site then drifted in Cyberspace until I met up with Carl again ..................you know the rest  ::)

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

Quote from: Beryl on June 05, 2011, 10:10:03 PM
I left that site  (thought I'm still registered) to join Photo.pic. That was a nice littls site then drifted in Cyberspace until I met up with Carl again ..................you know the rest  ::)

Actually, I don't! So, if you're in the mood to tell a story, bring me up to date. The more I know, the sooner I'll settle in.

Carlj

I've only just come from there, and will certainly keep an eye. Probably till I get the hang of this site.

I told Lepach that I had registered here, as we both deplored the fact that a lot of the accomplished photographers had left, after a spat about pp.

The weekend competition is in a muddle at the moment, with a lot of inexperienced photographers (some more inexperienced than I).

We both missed the competent, positive, neutral and most of all helpful, critiques you guys used to give.

And ... received a PM from Lepach, saying he had registered too. So that's two newbies in one day.

Thought the correct answer was "The one with most firmware updates to make the camera work!!!"  :dance:

Reinardina

Quote from: Carlj on June 05, 2011, 10:56:00 PM

Thought the correct answer was "The one with most firmware updates to make the camera work!!!"  :dance:

Can you fill me in on the question? I don't 'get' it, but it is getting a bit late ...

spinner

Quote from: Carlj on June 05, 2011, 10:56:00 PM

Carl, just reading your signature. Do you use the live view much? I've got the A350, I find it makes me seasick or something similar whenever I try to use it.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

I would never leave a site about disagreements over themes / post processing allowed. What made me leave was the attitue of some on there and how rude a few "new lights" were to established forum contributors who did not deserve it. Hope you enjoy it here Reinardina - you won`t even be asked to change your name to make it easier to spell it on here  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.