• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Anyone still frequent photoradar?

Started by Paul Montgomery, May 13, 2011, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlj

Oops - the quote should have been the mention of "Which camera is the most reliable? Answer Canikon have the most lenses..."

Spinner. No longer have the A300 - just the A200...oh and a brand spanking new A55! Strictly speaking, due to EVF, I use nothing but liveview. But yes, now I use it all the time, with the articulated screen, I'm shooting high and low and HD video using the lcd mostly. Normal shooting does utilise the viewfinder though, with liveview for static manual focus confirmation and awkward positional shots...

Carl

michaelb104

Quote from: spinner on June 06, 2011, 03:22:50 AM
Quote from: Carlj on June 05, 2011, 10:56:00 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 05, 2011, 11:33:33 AM
I've only just come from there, and will certainly keep an eye. Probably till I get the hang of this site.

I told Lepach that I had registered here, as we both deplored the fact that a lot of the accomplished photographers had left, after a spat about pp.

The weekend competition is in a muddle at the moment, with a lot of inexperienced photographers (some more inexperienced than I).

We both missed the competent, positive, neutral and most of all helpful, critiques you guys used to give.

And ... received a PM from Lepach, saying he had registered too. So that's two newbies in one day.

I dare not, however, advertise too openly, as I hope to avoid some people over there.

Thought the correct answer was "The one with most firmware updates to make the camera work!!!"  :dance:

I've got the A350, I find it makes me seasick or something similar whenever I try to use it.

I've also got the A350 and I find the live view invaluable when I've got the camera on a tripod, it just makes life so much easier when composing the shot.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

spinner

Quote from: michaelb104 on June 06, 2011, 10:28:44 AM
Quote from: spinner on June 06, 2011, 03:22:50 AM
I've only just come from there, and will certainly keep an eye. Probably till I get the hang of this site.

I told Lepach that I had registered here, as we both deplored the fact that a lot of the accomplished photographers had left, after a spat about pp.

The weekend competition is in a muddle at the moment, with a lot of inexperienced photographers (some more inexperienced than I).

We both missed the competent, positive, neutral and most of all helpful, critiques you guys used to give.

And ... received a PM from Lepach, saying he had registered too. So that's two newbies in one day.

I dare not, however, advertise too openly, as I hope to avoid some people over there.

Thought the correct answer was "The one with most firmware updates to make the camera work!!!"  :dance:

I've got the A350, I find it makes me seasick or something similar whenever I try to use it.

I've also got the A350 and I find the live view invaluable when I've got the camera on a tripod, it just makes life so much easier when composing the shot.

I use it for awkward shots too, like over fences or walls. But whenever I tried using it on Macro shots the any movement on my part caused me to feel, well seasick the best way I can describe it.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on June 06, 2011, 08:16:01 AM

I would never leave a site about disagreements over themes / post processing allowed. What made me leave was the attitue of some on there and how rude a few "new lights" were to established forum contributors who did not deserve it. Hope you enjoy it here Reinardina - you won`t even be asked to change your name to make it easier to spell it on here  ;)

I left because of the appalling spelling . .  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 06, 2011, 10:44:04 AM
Quote from: jinky on June 06, 2011, 08:16:01 AM

I would never leave a site about disagreements over themes / post processing allowed. What made me leave was the attitue of some on there and how rude a few "new lights" were to established forum contributors who did not deserve it. Hope you enjoy it here Reinardina - you won`t even be asked to change your name to make it easier to spell it on here  ;)

I left because of the appalling spelling . .  ;)

I see you're all still keeping an eye!

I'm grateful I can keep my name; this certainly is a superior forum! Both for grammar, spelling and other things. (Childish behaviour springs to mind; haven't seen that here.) I sometimes find the spelling on PR hilarious, and LOL behind my pc screen, which is fine Occasionally however,  I cannot help myself and have to react. (In the case of Manuel for instance.)

Because of the recent spats on PR, and my involvement in the last mini spat, I have become afraid of opening my mouth, for fear of saying something cynical. Or something that can/will be interpreted as such.

But, this week's competition is running smoothly so far, with no childish behaviour at all! (And not much chat in general.)

Maybe there is still a future for Future?

(Have no fear, I'll stick with you lot, as long as you'll have me.)

Have to go now and do something: spending too much time behand the screen.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

This forum does have a spell checker.  ;)  The one on "the other place" seems to ask you to install one when you click the spell check button.   ???
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Matthew

Great to see you here too Reinardina. I wandered over here for much the same reasons. I was shocked at the attitude of some of the newer members toward our long serving senior ones. Its was like their egos prevented them from having a rational and respectful discussion and felt the only way to get their points across was to decend into heckling and insult :knuppel2:

I feel the friendly banter is disappearing from the weekend competition. There has been a couple of instances of misread posts and folks taking offence in some cases. I feel that one more barny will toll the end for the weekend competition, purely because so many new comers dont get the banter or dont like constructive critique.

A good example of this is in the General Photography forum, a new user posted up a poll regarding PP and photoshop. Someone made a lighthearted jibe at another users spelling and the Poll setter misread this, thinking it was directed at him/her and took huge offense accusing folks on the forum of being bullies and nasty.

Thankfully, it was quickly resolved, but thats all it took for it to turn into chaos :knuppel2:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on June 06, 2011, 09:37:04 PM
Great to see you here too Reinardina. I wandered over here for much the same reasons. I was shocked at the attitude of some of the newer members toward our long serving senior ones. Its was like their egos prevented them from having a rational and respectful discussion and felt the only way to get their points across was to decend into heckling and insult :knuppel2:

I feel the friendly banter is disappearing from the weekend competition. There has been a couple of instances of misread posts and folks taking offence in some cases. I feel that one more barny will toll the end for the weekend competition, purely because so many new comers dont get the banter or dont like constructive critique.

A good example of this is in the General Photography forum, a new user posted up a poll regarding PP and photoshop. Someone made a lighthearted jibe at another users spelling and the Poll setter misread this, thinking it was directed at him/her and took huge offense accusing folks on the forum of being bullies and nasty.

Thankfully, it was quickly resolved, but thats all it took for it to turn into chaos :knuppel2:

It won't be long and we'll all be here! (Wel,l not literally all I hope!)

For me too, the 'no pp' war was the beginning of the end; I now feel on tenterhooks whenever I want to say something that is not a total generality.

I've only just joined here and am still feeling my way around. I got a bit lost earlier in the day and am now going to put up a seperate post and ask for directions.

See you around, either here or there!

:knuppel2:

Mick

Quote from: Graham on May 15, 2011, 07:31:53 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2011, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Graham on May 14, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Well they'er most welcome, but we don't accept just any old riffraff you know. :P
                     Graham.

That begs the question....How did you get on here?  :P :legit:

I dug my own tunnel!  :)

Think we need to dig a new one.  :idea: Either that or the registration system is broken.  :doh: 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

I tried to 'seduce' Jim (Semaj) to 'come over,' but he's too busy, and can hardly keep up with the weekend comp.
Which, by the way, had a record number of entries this week! (Anyone care to vote? There's a good shot of some 'Vintage Kit' by an unknown Dutch photographer!)  ;)
Anyone else there, you think should consider joining this band of friends here? I wouldn't mind trying my - hitherto unsuccessful - seduction skills again; practice is supposed to make perfect after all.

There are still people out there, I would rather not see here, so if you dig a tunnel, can you build in some traps?
I don't want to be too specific, but you'll be well aware who some of them are.

picsfor

To coin an old strap line -

"it's the members that Mick rejects, that makes Camera Craniums the best"  :tup: :2funny:

Reinardina

Do we all agree, or does Mick really know best? It's quite possible that I have a personal erm, shall we say distaste, for some that is not shared by others?
I know the young whippersnappers that were so rude, are not much liked, but to be honest, I stopped reading that particular thread as I found it too painful. I don't even know exactly who they were. They don't visit the competition thread anymore anyway. The competition is the only part of PR that gets my regular attention.
I have (mental) problems with the double act, that is now not so much a double act anymore, as they had a fall out, and seem to be a bit more independent. 

Any psychologists/psychiatrists on the scene that can explain my dislike?

picsfor

Don't know about any shrinks - but what you describe is not knew.

Many on this forum were members of the original DCM site, where certain 'characters' would create 'heated discussions'. They haven't followed over to this site (thankfully) and stayed with PR or moved on to other sites. One of them now haunts Canon Rumours and creates a deal of 'animated' discussion' in the threads there.

One of the legendary 'threads' was the one discussing the 'one star ranger'. That will probably make a few here smile, it was all a bit childish - but caused some anxiety. The 'one star ranger' did not make it to this site  :tup:

Sandy

I have not make contact with that site

Sandy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.